-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Buffy S5 and Firefly delayed? Conflicting reports

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 Derek P

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 12:16 PM

Quote:
In other news, it looks like Fox is temporarily delaying the release of the next seasons of Buffy and Firefly. We'll post more details when we get them from the studio.

This was at the digital bits. I was hoping one of are TV gurus could shed light on this.

#2 of 17 Ric Easton

Ric Easton

Screenwriter

• 2,812 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 12:20 PM

yes, I'd like more details please! My wife will be pissed about Buffy, and I was looking forward to Firefly.

Ric

#3 of 17 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 12:45 PM

Here's my first reaction......NOOOOOOO! NOT BUFFY!!!!! I was looking forward to the season with Glory in it.Posted Image I hope that if this news is true, that the delay is not a long one.
Recently watched- Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried, Escape Plan, Sudden Impact

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Season 4

"That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'."

#4 of 17 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 01:31 PM

Well, I emailed my Fox PR contact and asked if the two sets were delayed and received a 1 word response:

"Nope"

So either The Bits has information that hasn't made its way around the company, or the delay is just a rumor.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 17 Derek P

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 01:34 PM

Thanks I was hoping it would come this X-Mas so someone could get it for me(so I don't have to buy it) Too many other DVDs I wantPosted Image

#6 of 17 Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 02:08 PM

I really wish they'd just go ahead and rush the final seasons of Buffy out. Give us S5 in December, S6 in January or February, and S7 shortly after.

I'm dying to finally get to see "Once More With Feeling."

#7 of 17 Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 04:10 PM

Joshua - if you have the ability to play R2 releases, there is a single disc release of OMWF.

-Dave
DVD List

#8 of 17 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted September 11 2003 - 04:12 PM

In light of the latest information, I've edited the thread title.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#9 of 17 Daryl L

Daryl L

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted September 12 2003 - 04:39 AM

Ooooooooh Glorifica, she's so gorgeous she could be a goddess. Posted Image Buffy S5 is probably my favorite due to the Glorifica theme and Clare Kramer.
Glory in my opinion was Buffy's greatest nemesis (not counting Angelus, aka Evil Angel) followed closely by Calab(S7). They made Adam(S4) seem like a poor joke. Posted Image
I sure hope it's not delayed. Posted Image
Daryl L 
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz C2D
2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
15" LED Glossy Widescreen
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB GDDR3 Vram

#10 of 17 Derek P

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted September 12 2003 - 07:04 AM

I just took a look on Fox's official site foxtvdvd.com and they say coming soon (12-9-03). So I wonder where the Digital Bits got there info.

Michael thanks for changing the title I thought about adding a question mark before posting but I forgot.

#11 of 17 Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted September 17 2003 - 05:34 AM

It's finally up for preorder at Amazon, still with the release date of December 9th.

http://www.amazon.co....IKX0DER&st=dvd
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#12 of 17 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted September 24 2003 - 01:20 PM

Sounds like the rumor of delay was perhaps in reference to the sixth season. The Digital Bits says:

Quote:
Also, be aware that Fox is listing a street date of 7/6/04 for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Sixth Season (just FYI).

I cannot beleive they'd waste an entire seven months with zero Buffy releases. That's nearly a whole year! Or more than half a year, anyway. Far too long. The only explanation I can think of that could explain such an asinine delay would be that it is an effort to force Buffy-craving fans to pick up that "Angel" show in the meantime. But I won't do that.

I hope they come to their senses and don't blow the whole first half of 2004. As it is I am jonesing for season five.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#13 of 17 MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
The only explanation I can think of that could explain such an asinine delay would be that it is an effort to force Buffy-craving fans to pick up that "Angel" show in the meantime. But I won't do that.

I've picked up that "Angel" show and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm currently working my way through both Buffy Season 4 and Angel Season 1 for the first time (just past the halfway point on both). I can't imagine why someone would want to skip Angel. I knew going in that season 1 wasn't really highly regarded, so I didn't have high hopes. Knowing what I was getting into, I really have no complaints with the show up to this point. And from what I understand, later seasons really start finding their groove. Personally, I can't wait. Posted Image

#14 of 17 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 11:47 AM

My reluctant with Angel is that the few minutes I've seen of it, it looks like a less... oh this is going to sound silly ... it looks less like a realistic universe than the one Buffy is set in. I mean, in Buffy, the vamps and such stick to the nighttime, but it is a perfectly normal town otherwise.

But as I understand it, in Angel there's bartenders with horns and stuff? I mean, I appreciate that it is set in LA, but...
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#15 of 17 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 11:51 AM

There's a demon bar in Buffy, too. Besides, there really are bartenders with horns in LA.
My Collection

#16 of 17 MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 12:47 PM

I would say that Angel is less consistent than Buffy in terms of how aware the general public is of the demon/vampire situation. It's a minor thing, but it does bug me on occasion.

#17 of 17 Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted September 25 2003 - 02:55 PM

I thought both shows are pretty consistent. Everyone knows, but they don't talk about it. It's sort of a dirty secret.
My Collection

Forum Nav Content I Follow