Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

"Planet of the Apes" DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   John Di Lauro

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 07:20 PM

I'm confused. I keep seeing banners saying this will be released in August 2001. Strange because I bought it about a year ago. Did Fox pull it and then reissue it? Is this common and does it have something to do with the release of the crappy Tim Burton movie of the same name? The copy I bought still has the same idiotic packaging that betrays the end of the film. Strangely enough, the chapter list inside the box is for "Beneath" rather than the first film, apparently another packaging SNAFU. Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 07:43 PM

From what I have heard from the members of this board. It is the exact same box-set that was originally released by Fox. The reason they did this was to avoid confusion on the new POTA movie coming out. So it is the same exact set. Pretty stupid if you ask me seeing as how the new Planet Of The Apes was worthless IMHO. Peace

------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"

Beavis and Butthead on DVD

Family Guy on DVD
Support the cause please

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Andrea W

Andrea W

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 08:22 AM

I don't think it's exactly the same box set. It's the same set minus a documentary or something along those lines. ------------------ http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Greg_Y

Greg_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,479 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 01:53 PM

It's the exact same box.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Andrea W

Andrea W

Supporting Actor

• 781 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 02:02 PM

I thought the Behind The Planet Of The Apes documentary (included in the original box set) was not in the new box set (now sold separately). I'm pretty sure I read that on this forum. Tonight when the search comes back online, I'll find the thread. ------------------ http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

#6 of 7 ONLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 14,813 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted August 20 2001 - 02:25 PM

What's the difference between the POTA movies on the re-release DVD and the "Behind the Scenes" DVD?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted August 20 2001 - 02:32 PM

This is the exact same box set. The only difference in the box is some will not have the Behind the Planet of the Apes documentary, some will do to back stock. There is no difference in the DVD's at all the new ones are not 16x9. The difference on the Behind the Planet of the Apes is Fox no longer owns distrobution rights to the documentary. So Image-Entertainment is now releasing it as a 2-Disc set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users