Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Smallville season 2...Any ideas when?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,026 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 07:09 AM

I know the show doesn't come out for another 2 weeks. But, I was wondering how quick does everyone think Warner will wait before releasing season 2? I also going by the assumption that season 1 will sell well.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 08:17 AM

They said at least by the time Season 4 starts airing. I still don't know if they are trying to catch up new viewers or just get these out on the shelves. The ideal idea would be for Season 2 to come out in February, Season 3 could follow in time for Season 4 to start. Doubt that is going to happen though.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam_ME

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

• 930 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, I heard that "one season per year" rumor. I hope that's not the case. I'm not saying WB needs to pull an Alias and release Season 2 before the end of the year, but Spring 2004 wouldn't be such a bad idea. And considering how weak the supplements appear to be on the Season 1 set, there's really no need for WB to take their time with Season 2 unless they plan on actually including a decent number of commentaries and featurettes(they better do something for "Rosetta"!).
I should really learn to knock....in case there's a threesome going on in my bedroom. - Sandy Cohen, The O.C., The Countdown

My DVD Collection

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Mickey P

Mickey P

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 08:35 AM

I cant wait for these to hit the stores as I missed several episodes during the first season and a good bit the second season as well, and never saw the reruns, so this will be a welcome sight when it hits the shelves so that I can finally see what I missed! Finding the time to watch them all is another matter entirely!!
Revenge is a dish best served cold!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 09:50 AM

If it weren't for the fact that the first season was going to be in widescreen and all in a season set together, I probably wouldn't be even thinking about getting this set, because the WB is porting over all the extras from the single-disc Canadian release onto the season set. Nothing really new beyond that, unfortunately. As for a Season 2 set, I agree, they need to up the ante, especially for "Rosetta", like a special featurette tying the series to the movies and a tribute to Christopher Reeve. They should also include the 4-part "Chloe Chronicles" mini-vignettes from the final four episodes of Year 2 on the set, since I'm sure there are a number of people who haven't been able to see it beyond AOL and the WB's website.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users