What's new

Just got a job at A&B sound!!! (1 Viewer)

Well I finally did it! Started to sell HT speakers! I get to the enjoyment of selling Energy, Totem, and Mission speakers! Thanks to everyone who posts thus making HT my new obsession!
I get to play with speakers all day everyday! And I get paid for it! Thanks again!

Taylor

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. Which one do you work at? I might come by and say hello. Maybe even buy something. A&B has some nice stuff. :)

Edit: I didn't know A&B sold Totems.

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
When DID they start selling Totems?

I remember Enegy and Mission... didnt they used to sell Nuance as well? Maybe they finally got out of that game.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Just remember this feeling and recall it when you start hating every second of every day you have to work there ;)

I used to manage a staff of 15 at my previous job and it would always amaze me how some super-eager and ultra-grateful new hires would turn into miserable drones after time. They were thrilled with $x salary when they were hired, then complain about it endlessly only a year later!

Now how the heck did I get on that tangent?! What I meat to say was CONGRATULATIONS!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I don't think A & B ever sold Nuance. The store here in downtown Edmonton had a big pair on sale for $888.00 and a month later a sign was posted on them saying "make us an offer!"

They had the socks off so everyone could see their revolutionary paper drivers. More of a farce then anything...

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Congrats! I've applied at both local hi-fi stores, and they both barely even wasted air on me. Mind you, I'm pretty qualified, knowledge-wise, but I've only had one summer of retail work. Sucks.

But congrats, again. :)

Jason GT

Second Unit
I was visiting the downtown Vancouver store a couple of weeks ago and was really surprised when the guy mentioned that A&B would start carrying Totem stuff.

Anyways, from what he told me, they won't be available at every store, as they "should be treated with respect". It's certainly a departure from most of the rest of the stuff that A&B pushes.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
It's certainly a departure from most of the rest of the stuff that A&B pushes.

Maybe A&B wants to get back into high end audio. It wasn't too long ago when select locations were selling such brands as Dynaudio, Joseph Audio, Gershman Acoustics, Simaudio, Rega and Myryad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im at the Edmonton location (south).... We just got totems in... Parasound recievers are coming in as well.... All in the attempt to jump from lo-mid fi, into mid-high fi. We dont sell Nuance.... Thanks ummm for most the of the support... If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! Thanks again!

Taylor

Jason GT

Second Unit
Woo Parasound too?!

What other new stuff are you guys shilling? :)

As for the high-end stuff, in the same conversation with that guy, he mentioned that the crazy hi-end stuff was toast. Stuff about unhappy customers, unhappy staff and unhappy management. Still, I do like that A&B, a good western Canadian company is pushing an outstanding Canadian product!

BTW Taylor, congrats on the job :D

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the Langley B.C. store yesterday and they were setting up Parasound's Halo line. Very impressive looking.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Dude, thats EXACTLY how my job works. I was really eager the first month, then it all went away, but the pay sucked from day one... 😦

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I was really eager the first month, then it all went away,
The goal is to figure out how to keep the staff motivated and prevent this! It's not only about money.

ifor

Auditioning
ab sound classifies there store into 3 catagories.
a, b and c list.
a stores get all the goods because they have the track record for sales.
btw, the ed south store is one of the most profitable stores for ab sound.
taylor,congragulations, ask if any body there remembers me!!!
the audio crew when i was there consisted of jeff, james, justin and myself. one of the best crews ever there !!!
i am very modest you can see :)
they added totem to try and revamp there line. they unfortunately lost the high end lines, stopped bringing in the top end receivers and disbanded the very high end area in vancouver. it is a good company as long as the managers are good as well. they make the difference.
if you get tired of ab sound, give shand a call @ audio 5.1
ifor morris
i live in california now.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I believe they filed for the Canadian equivelent of the US's "Chapter 11". Technically, it's protection from creditors. It prevents a creditor from forcing you into bankrupcy in order to allow you to continue operating while you restructure the organization and it's finances. This is the same thing Air Canada went through. The goal is to restructure and come out of it.

In many cases, it's easier just to pack it in and go home, so this shows that there's a strong desire to save the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks