What's new

FREE Sirius Portable Units (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator

Came across this deal several days ago; I'm surprised no one posted anything about it. I know XM does similar deals too, if I come across one of those I'll post it here too.

The deal is all over the interent and ledgit. I've had Sirius radio now for about 2 months and love it! (Speed Channel :thumbup: ) (Ok, it's not really free... you have to activate, read below.) You get one unit and one docking kit.

This afternoon, I mentioned on my show that there is now an opportunity to get a free SIRIUS Satellite Radio portable receiver. These are the new units that will work in a home/office or automobile. I'm sending this out to friends and family because, it's the SIRIUS friends and family accommodations program. I'd like to offer you the opportunity to take advantage of this great deal.

Here's how it works....

To be eligible, you have to be a family member... or friend of an employee. And, anyone who listens to my show is DEFINITELY a friend!! Orders for the radios are limited to one system and one activation per participant. Orders must be placed no later than September 30, 2003, and the radio must be activated by October 31st at the very latest. Your acceptance of the hardware authorizes SIRIUS to activate and bill the credit card you use for $77.70 for the first 6 months of service. A one-year programming commitment is required at the time of activation. The second payment of $77.70 for the year's service is due approximately six months later. We will ship the system to the specified shipping address within 72 hours as long as hardware is in stock. You get FREE activation (normally $15). If you choose to deactivate service within the first year, a $30 charge will be billed for the cancellation fee to your credit card.

Now, keep in mind that this program has limited quantities of our new portable radios so if you want to take advantage of this free hardware/free activation offer, you will want to act quickly.

There are two systems to choose from:

1. Kenwood Here2Anywhere System: KTC-H2A1
KPA-H2C (car kit docking station)
KPA-HTH (home kit docking station)
Big Kenwood Pic

or

2. Audiovox SRS: Satellite Radio Shuttle
SIR-CK1 (car kit with built-in FM transmitter)
SIR-HK1 (home kit)
Big Audiovox Pic

Here's how you order...

Call 800-466-9742 between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Time, between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday through Saturday, no later than September 30, 2003.

Alert the SIRIUS representative that you are calling in for the Employee Friends & Family Program.

Provide the SIRIUS rep with the following:
Your Name
Your Home Address
Your Phone Number
Your Credit Card Information
Your Hardware Selection (I personally recommend the Audiovox system, but both are cool... Audiovox is best if you plan to get the car kit because it has a built in FM modulator that will allow you to transmit to your existing car stereo)
Give the representative my name, John McMullen, as your employee referral.

Once your system arrives (usually within a week), you will need to install it. It's VERY EASY. However, if you find it confusing, you can take it to a installation service at any of our major retailers. They will charge for this service. But, again, the portable units are easy to install because they don't involve modifying your vehicles. After installing, turn on the radio and select channel 184, the Preview Channel, to confirm that it is working properly.

THEN... Call SIRIUS at 888-539-7474 to Activate the unit.

When you talk with the service representative, you will need to provide them with your contact information and your SIRIUS ID Number from your receiver which will be located on the outside of the system box (it can also be found on the display by pushing the correct buttons detailed in the instruction manual).

With a one-year subscription, you're getting a free month of service (12 for the price of 11 months).

In fact, once you have activated - FREE!! - drop me a line and let me know that it's workin'.

Don't wait to get turned on!!

If you have any questions, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]. It's never been easier or less-expensive to get SIRIUS about entertainment! 60 commercial free music channels and 40 great talk channels with limited advertising.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

Best,
John McMullen
Program Director

...So basically like a cell phone type of deal. I ordered one myself. :)

Presently there is a back order of the Audiovox unit. (I'm told on siriusbackstage.com it offers better visual clarity, sound, and ease of use.)

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Man, if I could only afford a subscription, I would SO get that Kenwood! I listen online all the time though.
I hear you, I'm in college and about as cheap as they come. I also despise subscription services, for that reason I don't have a cell phone amonst other things.

However one of my pet peeves is all the annoying adds, crappy DJ's and awful playlists of normal radio. I decided I would give Sat. radio a chance despite the cost. I previously had XM now I have sirius. The thing I really like about sirius is they stream it online for subscribers, you don't have to have a PC card like XM. This is great since I'm in a differet computer lab every night.:D

Howard Knox

Auditioning
Saw this same thing over at DBS Forms last week. Called last Friday to participate in the promotion. Was told it would ship on Monday and be here on Wednesday. Called Wednesday and got a shipping number for FedEx. Traced it on the Internet and was scheduled for delivery by 4:35 that day. Sure enough, at 4:15 it was here. I immediately ordered another car docking kit from BestBuy (on sale this week for $29.99 instead of $69.99) for delivery next week. We have two cars (one leased) so can swap back & forth without disconnecting any wires. Will have to find out how much it will cost to have the antenna installed - rest is easy - just plug & play.

Had used this system two weeks ago when we were on a 2-week vacation out West. It was terrific - no ads and very little from DJs. Reception was excellent in the mountains for the 2-weeks.

This offer is amazing. I'm 78 years old and have never received anything for free - especially something I really wanted (have received a lot of things I DIDN'T WAMT for free!!). Anyway, I thank the sponsor of this promotion (John McMullen)and know we will enjoy the music we want to listen to on the road for many years to come.

Howard Knox

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Thanks Jeff! Just 'ordered' the Audiovox tuner. They didn't say anything about it being on backorder. Here's hoping I get it soon! I've been waiting for a deal like this to come around.

Talk about saving some money!!!

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Just ordered the Here2Anywhere. They asked me if I wanted Kenwood or Audiovox, so they are still accepting orders for the SRS. It will probably take longer to recieve the SRS if you go that route though, since they are still backordered. I got the Home Kit. I'll have to order the Car Kit through Best Buy later.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Received everything yesterday. My headunit has an MP3 auxillary input on the faceplate which accepts a 1/8" plug connector so I have to get a 1/8" double ended cable to get a much better sound. The FM frequency modulator doesn't come in too well.

But all in all, awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks