-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Pioneer Subs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 david-drtspike

david-drtspike

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:06 PM

Is this sub (Pioneer Premier TS-W1500SPL) any good? http://www.pioneerel...._35345,00.html
Please email and let me know, if it sucks, what is a good 10" inch sub either SVC (4 ohms) around 300 RMS, or DVC (2 x 4 ohms)around 500 RMS. Oh yeah...preferably under $250. Thanks.

#2 of 5 Sean Me

Sean Me

Extra

• 24 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 03:36 AM

First off, you can get that sub for $110 from etronics.com or $120 with free shipping from thezeb.com (and they might pricematch to etronics). I have heard a little talk that they are a real sleeper sub , will get pretty loud, and they're a cheap supersub alternative, but I don't have any personal experience.

#3 of 5 KurtW

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 03:52 AM

Pioneer doesn't make bad stuff, actually. Allthough for that price there are several other better options.

It all comes down to what music you listen to, budget, and enclosure size. Depending on the car, sometimes there are custom options available, such as JL Stealthbox (my personal favorite and one I HIGHLY recommend if it's available to you) or something comparible.

As for subs themselves, I'd look into the JL Audio W0 series as well as the Rockford Fosgate HE series woofers - both great bang for the buck speakers. But there's a TON of good options out there. Try your local dealers - you will find that the prices are almost always the same, if not cheaper, than Crutchfield (if not, most all of them will price match).

#4 of 5 Frank Carter

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

• 1,188 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 09:48 AM

Try to look past some of the name brands, because unless you're finding an unusual deal you're probably paying a good deal for the name.

I'd investigate these brands;

Adire Audio (www.adireaudio.com)
Stryke (www.stryke.com)
Dayton (www.partsexpress.com)
Resonant Engineering (www.respl.com)
Blueprint (www.audioliquidators)

#5 of 5 Brian-Nu

Brian-Nu

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted October 05 2003 - 06:19 PM

Adire Shiva Posted Image