What's new

Vote for your top 5 shows you want FOX to release on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just got 24 Season 2 in the mail today and it includes a new booklet advertising FOX's TV-on-DVD output. No series listed that aren't already available/announced, but there is an interesting box on the back page. It says in big letters "What FOZ TV shows do you want on DVD?" and directs you to www.foxhome.com/tv to vote, and get access to exclusive promotional offers. Shows listed include: Ally McBeal, Boston Public, Dharma and Greg, Greg the Bunny(!), John Doe, Millenium, Newhart, the Practice, the Pretender, Reality TV(:rolleyes:), Reba, the Simpsons (why is this listed?), Titus, Tracy Ulman Show, and Wonder Years. There are 25 total shows listed. You can vote for your top 5 (in order of preference. No options for choice of best of/season sets. This could be good for getting more FOX shows released on DVD.

My votes:
1.) GtB
2.) Tracy Ulman (for the Simpsons shorts)
3.) Boston Public
4.) Wonder Years (because I know it's a favorite here)
5.) Practice
Didn't vote for Simpsons because I didn't want to waste one of my votes on it. There's no way they won't keep releasing it in season sets. As their new ad booklet says, it's "the best-selling TV series of all time!"

Edit: after voting, it showed the ratings for each show so far (obviously not in real-time, since GtB, my #1, had a 0). Number 1 by far is Millenium with 55, nothing else has more than 19.3 (Time Tunnel). I don't know what the ratings are, but they're not percentages because adding them up, I get well over 200.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I went with the following...

1.) The Wonder Years
2.) Roswelll
3.) Greg the Bunny
4.) Bernie Mac

The Wonder Years is winning as of my votes with 50.1 raiting, with Millenium the closest with a 28.8.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Millennium! yes!!! I would trample the elderly for Seasons 1 and 2!

I'm torn now though, seeing as I'd love to get the Simpsons sets faster, I wonder if I should vote for them first. Other than Millennium and the Simpsons, the only other show I could see viewing repeatedly is maybe the Wonder Years.

Also, I hate to be a snob, but the voting site mispelled Millennium as "Millenium". Hopefully that's not a bad omen!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see The complete Series of "Get a Life" on DVD. Did Fox sell those rights off the Rhino completely? Did they ever have home video rights in the first place. Anyone? I am reminded of this because I am pretty sure I spotted Chris Elliott in a town near where I live yesterday

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Will, I, too, would like to get the entire run of Get a Life. I believe that is actually owned by Columbia, not FOX.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Went with:

1. Greg The Bunny
2. The Lone Gunmen
3. Newhart
4. Titus
5. Boston Public

... although I don't know if I'd really buy anything but the top 2, so I may be giving them bad data there.

And, wow, that's some commanding lead The Wonder Years has built up.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The Wonder Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can it be? How is it that Fox can consider releasing something with such a high amount of music involved?

I mean it: The Wonder Years and Seinfeld are my dream DVD releases. It tickles me to see it in consideration. :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT: Here are the 5 I went with...

1.) The Wonder Years
2.) Newhart
3.) Chicago Hope
4.) Boston Public
5.) Greg the Bunny

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Greg the Bunny
Lone Gunmen
Millenium
Time Tunnel
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Ally McBeal is on there? Maybe it isn't as hopeless as we all assumed.

It's so hard to pick just five. I voted for Ally McBeal, John Doe, Lone Gunmen, Millennium and the Pretender, but given the chance, I would also like Bernie Mac, Greg the Bunny, Nothing Sacred, The Practice, Picket Fences, Time Tunnel, Titus and The Wonder Years.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I went with The Lone Gunmen (mispelled as "Gunman"), Millennium (also mispelled, as mentioned above), Harsh Realm (some will undoubtedly see a pattern here), The Wonder Years and just a security vote for The Simpsons (hurry, you ******!).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I believe that [Get a Life] is actually owned by Columbia, not FOX
Would Columbia have any rights to it? I know Rhino has put out a couple of releases. Do they have exclusive rights. I think studios are starting to realize that the season sets are they way to go, even for series that ultimately failed so, I'm hoping

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I just voted for Greg The Bunny and The Simpsons - none of the others interest me, at least, not enough to want to buy.

Here are the current results - in order of popularity:

The Wonder Years41.8
Nothing Sacred18.5
The Lone Gunmen17.5
Roswell16.7
Newhart16.6
Millennium15.4
The Simpsons9.26
Greg the Bunny7.53
Boston Public4.07
Titus3.83
John Doe3.42
Bernie Mac2.74
The Tracey Ullman Show2.62
Time Tunnel2.45
The Practice2.37
Picket Fences2.12
Remington Steele1.88
The Pretender1.86
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea1.81
Ally McBeal1.71
Chicago Hope1.61
Dharma and Greg1.42
Reality TV Programming1.28
Harsh Realm1.05
Reba0.97

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I voted for Newhart, which is the only one on the poll I really wanted. I picked the other 4 at random.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
At least unlike Columbia, they show you how it's going. I'm quite depressed at Greg the Bunny's numbers :frowning:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm very pleased with the results for The Wonder Years and I hope this will give FOX the much needed push to release it if possible. And if I find that anyone on this forum voted for Dharma and Greg I'm gonna...actually I don't know. Be disappointed I suppose. But Reba vs. D&G...I suppose you have to choose the greater of two evils.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I picked:

1. Bernie Mac
2. Newhart
3. Nothing Sacred
4. Picket Fences
5. Wonder Years

Only interested in the first two, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks