Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 09/10/'03: "The Xindi"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
162 replies to this topic

#1 of 163 Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter

• 1,975 posts

Posted September 07 2003 - 06:35 PM

episode: #53
original airdate: September 10, 2003
writer: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
director: Allan Kroeker
synopsis: "Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death."
Notes: Scott MacDonald, who's slated to play the "Xindi-Reptilian", has (sort of) been in this position before.

Enterprise's---excuse me!---Star Trek: Enterprise's make-or-break-season beginner.

Does T'Pol give Trip a "love potion", or a naked rubdown in the decon chamber, perhaps?

Onward into that "bold new direction"!

"Delenda est . . . . "

#2 of 163 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:02 AM

Is this the first episode of the new season? I hadn't even heard it was starting back up yet. And didn't we meet the Xindi before, it sounds familiar.

#3 of 163 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:36 AM

Yup, this is the start of the new fall season for Enterprise. Last season, IIRC, Enterprise had 26 episodes, so if that holds, they need to get an early start on their new season.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 163 CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 12:48 AM

Nope xindi are brand new , suliban are before.

Im looking forward to the new season. I liked the 2nd season finale and see where they go with this

capt

#5 of 163 Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 01:57 AM

Nevermind. It's not worth it.

#6 of 163 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 02:56 AM

The edited synopsys to more accurately reflect what we're going to see wednesday Posted Image

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew have tripped out and gone insane only 7 times. They learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get taken prisoner fucking again. Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), who by now have plenty of experience rescuing Archer's ass from every 3rd race they meet, must rush to free them, completely unlike the LAST 47 times they were captured. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death, more rubbing in decon.

#7 of 163 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 03:16 AM

You know, I haven't been watching too much TREK on TV for years, but from back in the day, didn't Vulcans avoid physical contact? Yet here I see the Vulcan chick rubbing goo-goos seemingly every other episode preview I catch!
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#8 of 163 Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 04:18 AM

Oh crap! Edmonton's A-Channel moved the show from Tuesday night to Wednesday night! Now I'll have to suffer along with everyone else instead of getting it over with one day earlier! Posted Image

#9 of 163 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 04:22 AM

Quote:
Last season, IIRC, Enterprise had 26 episodes, so if that holds, they need to get an early start on their new season.
Well, last year they seemed to use the extra episodes to double up during February and May sweeps. I'd prefer they reduced in-season re-runs, myself, but I imagine they'd also like to lay claim to viewer loyalty before Smallville starts running new episodes.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#10 of 163 Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 11:29 AM

Time to get back on the train.....wreck.

Martin.
Hopelessly out of date DVD Collection Listing

#11 of 163 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,051 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 03:02 PM

Now, now, give it a chance....trekweb.com has links to 2 reviews with spoilers and they give it a solid B, shows promise.

I have not read them, don't want to see spoilers. I look forward to seeing for myself.

#12 of 163 Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter

• 1,047 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 09:40 AM

It was completely unfair of me to judge the upcoming season based on past performance! Posted Image

Martin.
Hopelessly out of date DVD Collection Listing

#13 of 163 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 10:16 AM

Now Martin, we'll have plenty to complain about soon enough Posted Image

#14 of 163 Nathan*W

Nathan*W

Screenwriter

• 1,069 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 02:32 PM

Quote:
You know, I haven't been watching too much TREK on TV for years, but from back in the day, didn't Vulcans avoid physical contact? Yet here I see the Vulcan chick rubbing goo-goos seemingly every other episode preview I catch!
Agreed.

Just caught an ep. of Voyager and for all the show's faults, Tim Russ played a GREAT Vulcan. Tuvok was sooo much more believable than Blalock's T'Pol.

The preview for this week shows the most skin I've ever seen on Trek, basically showing a bare chest with arms covering nipples.

#15 of 163 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 02:54 PM

Yup, Tuvok was a great Vulcan. My personal favorite is Sarek. I always felt a richer turmoil within him than Spock

#16 of 163 Joel Mack

Joel Mack

Screenwriter

• 2,321 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 03:24 PM

Why do we keep forgetting that the Vulcans of the NextGen era have several hundred years of evolution on the Vulcans of the Enterprise era?

#17 of 163 Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 05:23 PM

Joel, that'd be about a couple hundred years. At best, there would be changes in social conventions (and given the rigidity of Vulcan society, not many changes would be likely; my goodness, is this geek territory or what?).

Just caught an ep. of Voyager and for all the show's faults, Tim Russ played a GREAT Vulcan. Tuvok was sooo much more believable than Blalock's T'Pol.

I always thought Russ did the best imitation of the Leonard Nimoy/Mark Lenard approach to Vulcans.

The preview for this week shows the most skin I've ever seen on Trek, basically showing a bare chest with arms covering nipples.

This is part of the bold, exciting, new, and sexy direction the producers are taking Enterprise. Man, less than 24 hours to go!

#18 of 163 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted September 09 2003 - 05:24 PM

Anyone up for a "you are there" MSTie-ing on IRC? Posted Image

If there is no Porthos, the REAL star in this ep I'll be very upset

#19 of 163 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 12:35 AM

I think the Vulcans change drastically from how T'Pol acts, right about the same time the Klingons will lose their ridges. Posted Image

#20 of 163 Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter

• 1,325 posts

Posted September 10 2003 - 12:52 AM

I never even watched one whole episode last season. But I'll tune in tonight. I can always change the channel faster than one can say "Engage"!

Forum Nav Content I Follow