What's new

24 season 3 preview (1 Viewer)

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
Wasn't the season 3 preview on Fox tonight?
Did anyone see it?
is there a link to download or can you tell us what was shown.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
A few weeks ago, Something Awful's Photoshop Phriday had a "Max Payne" week, replicating the graphic novel style storytelling of the game cutscenes. I found this one particuarly amusing (warning, contains potential spoilers based on hopefully unfounded rumors, but hey, the spoilers are about Kim, and don't contain her bloody demise so who really cares? :) )

(Admin note - the previous link now links to something not so friendly to the workplace and has been deleted. Don't repost that link again.)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
There is at least one other Big Spoiler

David Palmer obviously survived the attempt on his life

Also, I think what is going on with Kim

Apparently she is a CTU field agent now

is really stretching things a bit. I was hoping it was just a rumor, but it is looking like it is not

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I have heard for a few weeks that both of those are accurate.

Was nice to hear a while back that Keifer thought that the Palmer ending in S2 was not appropriate...I'm not sure if he was referring to what he knew about S3, but it was apparent that he thought that the cliffhanginer was both contrived and unfair to the fans.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The way the whole commercial was done seemed very non-24. I hope the show turns out different from what the preview seemed, but I have yet to be disappointed by the show, so I'm extremely hopeful.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Jeff - that link is definitely not work-safe. It's also definitely unrelated to 24, and that naked man doesn't really look terribly much like Kim.

EDIT: Thanks Patrick for removing that link. (Wish it had been done before I was scarred for life). Pity - I would have curious to see what Jeff described.

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
I also agree that the preview didn't quite have the "24 edge." I hope this new Chase character doesn't botch everything up. And hopefully Kim will get caught in another bear trap so we won't have to deal with her incredibly insane plot lines. But then again this was just a preview so anything is possible. I'm really wondering how this crazy drug lord guy will tie in to the other 2 seasons. That should be the interesting part of this season.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeep, sorry that used to only come up if you tried to embed it in a new page(hence the direct link) It'll teach me to check my links in the future :)

John Swarce

Second Unit
As far as the new male character goes, why am I thinking this looks like "NYPD Blue" and the introduction of Ricky Schroeder? Are they chasing a new demographic?

Looks like a lot more action, but I hope this new threat to the USA is not over in 12 hours, like the bomb in the last season.

Did anyone notice the "roll in the hay" near the end of the preview? Kim and her new beau? :b

I will be tuned in on the 28th, though!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I agree, It probably isn't necessary to wrap up Story A within 13 episodes for fear of being cancelled mid-season anymore. The problem with the last season was after the conclusion of "Story A" it seemed to do a 180 and this caused quite a lull for several episodes. I think Season 1 handled this a little bit better because in Season 1 after the Story A resolution, things did not change all that much plotwise it actually intensified to a greater degree.

Does anyone else get the feeling that many open subplots from S2 are going to be completly dropped in S3

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
There are two reasons I can think of why Kim will never be dropped.

1. She is incrediably sexy and I want her to have my children.

2, she has a contract for four seasons and its probaly cheaper to let her work on the show than to pay off her contract.

If i was producer she'd be gone but perhaps they've figured she helps ratings?

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help but think that something - I don't know what - in the preview is a red herring. During each of the first two seasons one or more major characters in the first half of the season didn't make it into the second half of the season and, of course, the plot underwent changes. You can have your main plot line go more than 12 hours and still kill off or otherwise neutralize key characters.

Chances are they've filmed no more than the first five or six hours/episodes, so there's a lot of show they can't preview. I found it interesting they didn't show any Tony or Michelle in the preview. I'd almost be willing to bet money that Chase doesn't last longer than midseason.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Remember...Fox is known as a network that appeals to the younger demographic...so that might be why they added a young male lead to the show. They need to try and attract all those teeny boppers who watch "American Idol" in the preceding timeslot.

Kim served little purpose last season other than being the young, nubile, cute chick on the show. In order to keep her, they needed to give her something to do.

Having a "dad copes with daughters boyfriend" plot probably seems like a good idea. It is likely that Chase will be this ballsy, arrogant little prick until Jack gives him 24 hours of tutelage.

Not to cause a panic, but how long is Kiefer signed on to do the show? Maybe they thought they could introduce Chase as a possible replacement for Jack Bauer in the future. (Unlikely...but a possibility)

I think the preview looks terrific otherwise. It looks like a virus will be unleashed by an evil drug lord, and that Jack will have to hunt it down...at least at the beginning.

They will continue to film shows throughout the season, so the clips we saw were likely from the first couple of episodes.

Tony will be back, and I hope that Michelle will too. It looked as if Tony was serving as an advisor to President Palmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks