-

Photo

Flight of the Navigator DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Ben_J_L

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 01:41 PM

Hi there,

Now don't laugh, and don't flame me for this, but is there any release date for one of my fav films when I was a kid? I remember seeing this film at the Acocks Green Bowling alley/cinema (2 screens) in 1986, its actually one of my first memories. I saw this film 3 times I think in total (at the cinema). The VHS video has been deleted, so I can't even buy that. I also think that Alan Silvestri's score on this film is really cool, cheesy but cool.

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,036 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 01:43 PM

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just glad Warner doesn't own it.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 01:55 PM

Hey, nothing beats Paul Rubens as a talking spaceship, and WHAT a spaceship, twas such a cool thing. I remember seeing this theatrically too when I was little, I'd love this on DVD.

So who does own the US video rights? Disney?

Dan (UK)

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,036 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 02:03 PM

My local mom & pop video store has a used copy of this tape for sale, and it's from Disney. I know that films have a way of changing hands, but as far as I know, "Flight of the Navigator" is still with Disney.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Antonio_M

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 02:04 PM

I think Disney holds the rights. Hey, they are doing an awesome edition of Tron, so you never know.

Another title I am craving for is Over The Top. C'mon Fox! Posted Image

#6 of 12 ONLINE   Adam_S

Adam_S

Producer

• 6,111 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 06:25 PM

i hope that disney still has the rights to it, disney knows how to do things right!

heh HTF ought to arrange a chat with buena vista/disney so we can laud compliments on them and beg for more titles (probably semi obscure) to be released. I for one would love to see a treasures dvd of some of their better nature movies like "The Hound who Thought he Was a Racoon" and "The Lovesick Moose". besides flight of the navigator, who else wants The Swiss Family Robinson, and Old Yeller on dvd?

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Dan Wetzel

Dan Wetzel

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 06:45 PM

I'm with you on this one Ben Posted Image.. its definitely one of my all time favorites. I could careless if the DVD doesn't have any extras, just no p&s Posted Image

------------------
DVD Collection
DVD Collection

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Ben_J_L

Ben_J_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, even if it is released in R1 land next week, it won't be out in R2 land for at least another year.

Ho hum, I think the UK rights are with fox, I have seen the old video box, and it says "Fox family classics" on the front.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher

Producer

• 3,452 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 11:42 PM

quote:
i hope that disney still has the rights to it, disney knows how to do things right![/quote]

Flashback 18 months, no would one have dared say such a thing. Got to love progression.

Ben, I agree I think Fox had it in the UK. My VHS is kinda worn out but I never binned it, it's boxed up in the attic though. You've made me want to find it now! Posted Image

Start a thread up in studio feedback, you never know...

Dan (UK)

[Edited last by Dan Brecher on August 19, 2001 at 06:44 AM]

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 01:53 AM

We have a copy of the VHS. Yeah, Disney owns the rights to this film still, unless something's changed in the past 6 months or so.

We've been breathlessly awaiting release of this title on DVD; it would definately be an instant purchase, even if bare-bones, as long as it had a good (anamorphic widescreen) transfer.

But, as deeply as I scan the surf-waves for news about all new releases, I haven't heard even a rumor on this one yet!

Darn it! Posted Image Great film (with a *young* Sarah Jessica Parker!)(I can say that; she's 5 months older than I am).

------------------

DAVE/Memphis

My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Posted Image

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,634 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 06:01 AM

I too would buy it immediately!

Cees

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted August 19 2001 - 06:51 AM

Antonio,
Over the Top is WB.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...