Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Breakfasat Club and the rest of the High School Reunion Collection original music?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 12:46 PM

It's been a bit since I've seen these and I own the original DVDs. I hate to admit it but I haven't watched those yet. Did they change the music for the old releases? Meaning do the High School Reunion Collection releases have the original music or did the old ones also have the correct music and this is just hype?
It's not my goddamn planet, understand monkeyboy!

#2 of 4 alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 03:35 PM

The original releases contained changed music; each of the new releases has a blurb on the front saying that they now use the original music. I surely hope so; I wouldn't have bought them otherwise (mine hasn't arrived yet so I can't check).
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#3 of 4 Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 05:22 PM

I bought the Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, I also have the original DVDs too. I havn't watched the Breakfast Club yet(although I don't think that there was any music changed for the Breakfast Club in the other releases,correct me if I am wrong), but I think the music is the same as the old. But Sixteen Candles is very different from all the previous home video releases, I have compared them, and a lot of scenes have different music, it is the same music as the theatrical version, and the one you see on cable a lot. So the answer is yes, the music is different. Well woth the upgrade on both.

Derek

#4 of 4 Nathan McMahan

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted September 08 2003 - 03:12 PM

Whacky update, has anyone been able to confirm Breakfast Club?
Same music or no? Also what about Weird Science?
Thanks in advance.
It's not my goddamn planet, understand monkeyboy!