What's new

Saved By The Bell: Seasons Three/Four (1 Viewer)

MattGentry

Second Unit
Alright, so anyone who knows SBTB knows that there were some episodes known as the "Malibu Sands" episodes, in which the gang got jobs (for the summer) at the Malibu Sands beach resort. None of these eps. showed the high school and had nothing to do with school.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, Kelly and Jessie left during the fourth season and...tah dah! Enter Tori, the tough biker chick who, for some really stupid reason, was almost never seen without her leather jacket on. Then, towards the end of the season, Kelly and Jessie came back to attend graduation.

So, here's my thought(s) for the season 3 and 4 set of SBTB. How about we do this? Take all of season 3 (roughly 20some eps.) and put it on Discs 1 and 2 and 3. Then, put the Malibu Sands episodes (only about 6 or so) onto Disc 4.
The 5th disc will have the Tori episodes. Disc 6 shall contain all the season 4 episodes (plus the Haiwaiian Movie) that have Jessie and Kelly in them, culminating in the graduation episode (or maybe the clip show for the 2003 class).

Anyone else? Comments?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 has:

6 Malibu Sands episodes
26 Bayside episodes (counting the ones that most people label "Season 2" that aren't included).

That will take up 5 discs, at least, like the set that's been released.

Season 4 has 22 episodes: 11 episodes with Torri and 11 episodes with Kelly. That's 4 more discs and they can throw on the Hawaiian Style movie too.

They might be better off just releasing Seasons 3 and 4 separately, then. And then a 2-disc Good Morning Miss Bliss set, a 4-disc College Years set (3 discs of episodes + the Wedding in Las Vegas movie).

Now, assuming they go and actually give us extras, they'll want to keep the maximum number of episodes per disc around 6, I'd think.

I really don't care how they do it, just so long as we get all of the episodes, for a reasonable price, and in a timely fashion. And extras would be nice.

Then again, NBC apparently has an odd order to what they consider 'seasons' - in which case the number of episodes would be entirely different. Perhaps this is what has been meant in the descriptions that state, "For five seasons." They might be counting the Torri season and senior year with Jessie and Kelly as two different seasons. And then Season 4 seems long, because they count what most consider the second half of Season 3 (all the Malibu Sands episodes and more) with that. It's confusing, but this kind of helps a little bit in the NBC way of thinking:
http://homepage.mac.com/ijball/SbtB/Ordered-List.html

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I just finished the DVDs, watching them in production order (which actually made sense, since there are actually storylines that make sense this way), and after not having seen the show in a long time, I remembered how much fun it was. And also how funny it was. Just a great show. Brings back memories... :b We need the next set soon!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
How about we do this?

Have a five-disc season three set.
Have a three-disc season four set.
Have a two-disc College Years set.
Have a two-disc Good Morning, Miss Bliss set.
Have a one-disc set with the two SBTB movies (Hawaiian Style/Wedding in Las Vegas).

Then Lions Gate can start releasing all the SBTB knock offs (SBTB: The New Class, USA High, California Dreams, etc) and I'll buy them all. ;)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the Saved by the Bell series, but was never able to get into the knock offs even when I was a kid... I didnt like the New Class, etc...

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
California Dreams on DVD would be a must-buy for me. Seriously :b

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
California Dreams on DVD would be a must-buy for me. Seriously.
I'd buy the first two seasons, but the last three seasons were a train wreck. While the first two seasons were fun and enjoyable, every episode of the last three seasons became too fucking preachy. And this happened with almost every Saved by the Bell knock-off. Hang Time, City Guys, Saved by the Bell: The New Class, and so on. This is why Saved by the Bell is so much fun. They rarely preached (they started to near the end of the series with the Tori episodes), and just showed the teens getting into wacky hyjinks. This is why I loved USA High. It mixed Running the Halls and Saved by the Bell and rarely ever preached.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Yeah, it started to decline after the big cast change, but Lorena... She alone makes it all worthwhile :b

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hang Time is the worst offender of preachiness IMHO.

I agree with Mr. Chmiel that USA High rules, and NEEDS to be on DVD! =^_^=

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I thought there were more than six shows at the Malaboo Sands club, but time has probably expanded that number in my head, so I'm not doubting that there are only that many.
I'll buy the rest of the Saved by the Bell Series, the College Years and Mrs. Bliss, possibly the movies, but probably none of the knock offs. I kind of liked California Dreams, but I barely remember it now. I guess I enjoyed City Guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks