Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Saved By The Bell: Seasons Three/Four

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   MattGentry

MattGentry

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 11:05 AM

Alright, so anyone who knows SBTB knows that there were some episodes known as the "Malibu Sands" episodes, in which the gang got jobs (for the summer) at the Malibu Sands beach resort. None of these eps. showed the high school and had nothing to do with school. Then, for some inexplicable reason, Kelly and Jessie left during the fourth season and...tah dah! Enter Tori, the tough biker chick who, for some really stupid reason, was almost never seen without her leather jacket on. Then, towards the end of the season, Kelly and Jessie came back to attend graduation. So, here's my thought(s) for the season 3 and 4 set of SBTB. How about we do this? Take all of season 3 (roughly 20some eps.) and put it on Discs 1 and 2 and 3. Then, put the Malibu Sands episodes (only about 6 or so) onto Disc 4. The 5th disc will have the Tori episodes. Disc 6 shall contain all the season 4 episodes (plus the Haiwaiian Movie) that have Jessie and Kelly in them, culminating in the graduation episode (or maybe the clip show for the 2003 class). Anyone else? Comments?

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 11:46 AM

I think all that you just mentioned, would take up at least 7 discs, but thats only my rough estimate.Posted Image
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   LukeB

LukeB

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 12:17 PM

Season 3 has:

6 Malibu Sands episodes
26 Bayside episodes (counting the ones that most people label "Season 2" that aren't included).

That will take up 5 discs, at least, like the set that's been released.

Season 4 has 22 episodes: 11 episodes with Torri and 11 episodes with Kelly. That's 4 more discs and they can throw on the Hawaiian Style movie too.

They might be better off just releasing Seasons 3 and 4 separately, then. And then a 2-disc Good Morning Miss Bliss set, a 4-disc College Years set (3 discs of episodes + the Wedding in Las Vegas movie).

Now, assuming they go and actually give us extras, they'll want to keep the maximum number of episodes per disc around 6, I'd think.

I really don't care how they do it, just so long as we get all of the episodes, for a reasonable price, and in a timely fashion. And extras would be nice.

Then again, NBC apparently has an odd order to what they consider 'seasons' - in which case the number of episodes would be entirely different. Perhaps this is what has been meant in the descriptions that state, "For five seasons." They might be counting the Torri season and senior year with Jessie and Kelly as two different seasons. And then Season 4 seems long, because they count what most consider the second half of Season 3 (all the Malibu Sands episodes and more) with that. It's confusing, but this kind of helps a little bit in the NBC way of thinking:
http://homepage.mac....dered-List.html

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 03:11 PM

Yeah I just finished the DVDs, watching them in production order (which actually made sense, since there are actually storylines that make sense this way), and after not having seen the show in a long time, I remembered how much fun it was. And also how funny it was. Just a great show. Brings back memories... :b We need the next set soon!

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 07:22 PM

How about we do this?

Have a five-disc season three set.
Have a three-disc season four set.
Have a two-disc College Years set.
Have a two-disc Good Morning, Miss Bliss set.
Have a one-disc set with the two SBTB movies (Hawaiian Style/Wedding in Las Vegas).

Then Lions Gate can start releasing all the SBTB knock offs (SBTB: The New Class, USA High, California Dreams, etc) and I'll buy them all. Posted Image

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted September 06 2003 - 07:35 PM

I enjoyed the Saved by the Bell series, but was never able to get into the knock offs even when I was a kid... I didnt like the New Class, etc...

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted September 07 2003 - 07:37 AM

California Dreams on DVD would be a must-buy for me. Seriously :b
Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted September 07 2003 - 08:06 AM

[quote] California Dreams on DVD would be a must-buy for me. Seriously. [quote]
I'd buy the first two seasons, but the last three seasons were a train wreck. While the first two seasons were fun and enjoyable, every episode of the last three seasons became too fucking preachy. And this happened with almost every Saved by the Bell knock-off. Hang Time, City Guys, Saved by the Bell: The New Class, and so on. This is why Saved by the Bell is so much fun. They rarely preached (they started to near the end of the series with the Tori episodes), and just showed the teens getting into wacky hyjinks. This is why I loved USA High. It mixed Running the Halls and Saved by the Bell and rarely ever preached.

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted September 07 2003 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, it started to decline after the big cast change, but Lorena... She alone makes it all worthwhile :b
Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 07:36 AM

Any sales figures for the first two seasons, or news on future releases? Dave? Gord? Posted Image
Kyle McKnight

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   dave_brogli

dave_brogli

Screenwriter

• 1,022 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 07:46 AM

"Surf Dudes With Attitudes Good Vibrations" Oh I hate that theme song of California Dreams.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 08:02 AM

Hang Time is the worst offender of preachiness IMHO.

I agree with Mr. Chmiel that USA High rules, and NEEDS to be on DVD! =^_^=

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 08:39 AM

Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 09:05 AM

Dave,

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Chris

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 10:45 AM

Tatooted Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills NEEDS to be on DVD!!! Posted Image
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 09 2004 - 03:50 PM

I thought there were more than six shows at the Malaboo Sands club, but time has probably expanded that number in my head, so I'm not doubting that there are only that many. I'll buy the rest of the Saved by the Bell Series, the College Years and Mrs. Bliss, possibly the movies, but probably none of the knock offs. I kind of liked California Dreams, but I barely remember it now. I guess I enjoyed City Guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users