-

Photo

What was the SEALED version of Willy Wonka I sold on EBAY?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ChrisA

ChrisA

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 02:04 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what was the original version which I owned? I never opened it and sold it on EBAY for $70.00...

It was 1.85:1 widescreen anamorphic, wasn't it? I don't rememenr because I never opened it and I never watched it. I wish I could buy it back, but only can imagine the price now. Warner Brother's sickens me with their catering to morons. It just so happens that these same 1.33 morons will be buying widescreen TV's at an increasing rate. So IMO, it is only a matter of time before widescreen version is released. I did cancel my order, I'd rather wait 5 years than owned a cropped P.O.S.

------------------
Pictures: The Worm Hole Theater featuring the Black Hole Subs and Death Star Platform

SIGN THE PETITION: CONSUMER EXPECTATIONS OF HD-DVD Don't Settle for low-bitrate audio/video

Pictures: The Worm Hole Theater featuring the Black Hole Subs and Death Star Platform

Support a DISCRETE TACTILE TRANSDUCER CHANNEL. Add a NEW DIMENSION and SENSORY EXPERIENCE to YOUR THEATER

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 02:29 PM

Yup, that would have been an anamorphic transfer. Perhaps I should go gloat that I kept mine.

------------------
Zardoz Online | Burt Lancaster is The Swimmer | dOc

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   ChrisA

ChrisA

Second Unit

• 479 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 04:20 PM

Amazing, boy am I mad. Funny thing is they already have a digitized anamorphic widescreen print and just opt not to include it.

Just look at the upcoming Pearl Harbor with three different versions. Or even worse, just look at how many DVD's offer both the cropped version for the morons, and the OAR enhanced widescreen version.

Amazing. I diagnose CLUSTER INFARCTS at WARNER HOME VIDEO.

------------------

SIGN THE PETITION: CONSUMER EXPECTATIONS OF HD-DVD Don't Settle for low-bitrate audio/video

Support a DISCRETE TACTILE TRANSDUCER CHANNEL. Add a NEW DIMENSION and SENSORY EXPERIENCE to YOUR THEATER

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,037 posts

Posted August 18 2001 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
Amazing, boy am I mad. Funny thing is they already have a digitized anamorphic widescreen print and just opt not to include it.

Not only that, they went out of their way to create a new, remastered (and, from all accounts, much-improved) widescreen transfer, and aren't doing ANYTHING with it.