What's new

NEW - Digital Video Essentials DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
NEW "Digital Video Essentials" DVD

FEATURES

- Full Dolby DigitalÆ 5.1 channel and separate Dolby SurroundÆ mixes in each of three languages: English, Spanish and Japanese

- Choice of subtitles in English and Spanish

- Test signals for setting up the 1.78:1 Anamorphic Video format found on some discs that have been enhanced for the 16x9 Widescreen format

- Easy-to-follow instructions to optimize your stereo, Dolby SurroundÆ, Dolby DigitalÆ and THXÆ-certified audio playback systems, plus equally important instructions for obtaining the best possible picture quality

- An explanation of the role played by the room environment in obtaining maximum viewing pleasure from your Home Theatre
Check out the Comparison Chart between DVE vs. AVIA vs. Sound & Vision

I ordered my NTSC DVE copy @ DeepDiscountDVD.com for $16.48 SHIPPED!!!

Phil

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yep, been anxiously awaiting this. Never bought VE (rented it) and own Avia. Didn't buy S&V because I knew this was on the horizon.
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
More than willing to spend $16 for the 6.1 speaker setup tones alone to keep from backing into proper level adjustment. Plus, I spent 3x that for Avia.

EricS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Hey Guys,

I ordered my copy last Sunday from DeepDiscountDVD & checked my status on Wednesday, but they say it's backordered or delayed until Sept 16th.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I picked my copy up at the CEDIA show this past weekend. The Widescreen booth was selling them for $20 so they may be selling it thru their website as well. The disk looks great but I havn't really checked out anything but the intro.

Randy

GregBoehme

Agent
Heads up, many people (including me) are having issues with the LFE calibration on the speaker setup with this disc.
here
and here
for some info on it... this is besides the disc navigation
leaves a bit to be desired..

Greg

Sebastian

Second Unit
JUNK!
I just bought this disk soley for an accurate LFE cal. Now I hear it is screwed up! Hopefully, Kane will correct the problem.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Despite the LFE concern I dont this this is a bad deal for a disk WITh 6.1 speaker setup...

Roy C.

Second Unit
I agree! It is not bad even with the LFE issues; and for the money? I also have AVIA and that was not $11.64!

My 0.000000002 cents.

Roy C.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Okay, (another) stupid question from yours truly: will the NTSC version work to set up my Panasonic 53" projection HDTV? I ask because on the back of the DVE case it says "We've created NTSC, PAL and HDTV versions of DVE..." Huh? By HDTV do they mean the D-VHS version, or are they planning on releasing another dvd version? That doesn't seem to make sense --- they must be talking about D-VHS, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks