What's new

Which A/V receiver for Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I would like to spend about $1,500 on an A/V receiver for my Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers.

Which ones should I consider? Home theater is first priority.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well if you want to spend about $1500 you can start to mix-match some components unless you just want to go straight for an AV reciever.

In that case I would like at Harman/Kardon's highest ends. I think there most expensive one they currently sell the AVR-7200 comes with ALOT of goodies, lots of power, and the MSRP on it is $1100, that is something I would take a look at.

There are also other choices like Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, and Sony, but my person preference is HK.

By the way, nice speakers... wish I had the money for them babies.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I would look at Denon, HK, and Marantz. I believe a Klipsch and Yamaha combo doesn't sound all that great. I have Denon with my Klipsch Reference speakers but you should listen for yourself if you can.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Thanks for the replies.

However, I will not be able to audition these A/V receivers at home, thus I must rely on your recommendations.

Secondly, the Harman Kardon Web site says the AVR 7200 is $1,999.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
The Denon 3803 lists for $1200 and the HK 525 for $999. Either one has plenty of power for Klipsch speakers and can probably be found for a lower price. Denon is staring to release thier new models also so the current models should be discounted.

Nick V

Second Unit
I'd go for the Pioneer Elite 55TXi. It is the only receiver in the price range with an I-Link interface for the digital transmission of DVD-Audio and SACD. The retail is $1700 but I'm sure you could get it for $1500 maybe less. In addition to the I-Link(firewire, IEEE1394) interface, the receiver adds auto MCACC to help tame acoustically sub-par rooms. Great feature set for the price!!

Pioneer Elite 55TXi

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry I just took a quick glance at the 7200, I never really paid alot of attention to it's price but it's a very nice reciever, even if it's $100 more than I had mentioned. Sorry for the typo on price though.

Also I would definantly say the Klipsch speakers sound great on HK since it is a more neutral reciever.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Sorry for these multiple posts, but I also just called my Denon dealer. They have the Denon AVR-3803 for $1,164.

Would you prefer this or the Harman Kardon AVR 5550? They also have the Marantz SR7300 for slightly less than the Denon AVR-3803.

So, which one? Harman Kardon, Denon, or the Marantz?

Remember! I CANNOT audition these at home so I must rely heavily on your recommendations/comments/opinions.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Haris, If the Marantz SR-7300 is around the $1100 then I would see how much the Marantz SR-8300 would be. Plus the Marantz receivers come with a great remote. Also check out the Rotel RSX-1055, if you have an authorized dealer.

dale^g

Stunt Coordinator
just got a HK7200 for $1060 delivered with an extended 2 year warranty....yes, it's from a factory authorized dealer. the sale ended 8/31, however, you should find similar deals elsewhere. if you want a receiver to PUSH your speakers then HK is what you want...HUGE current and FAT reserve from the 7200. i would put it up against ANY pioneer, denon, or yamaha receivers when comparing those two aspects.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
But the Harman Kardon AVR 7200 is not in stock here at the moment. It will be more than the AVR 5550 so it must be more than $1,500 here.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
So, the final decision is between the following:

Denon AVR-3803
Marantz SR7300
Harman Kardon AVR 5550

By the way, does anyone know the American equivilent of the AVR 5550?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks