What's new

How to send centre signal to the front speakers (1 Viewer)

BenSummers

Auditioning
How do you do this, without shorting the 2 front inputs together which would obviously make a mono signal?
Do you use isolation transformers to split the centre signal?
I'm talking about line level here btw

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
In the speaker set up menu option set center to "none" or "phantom" if you still have DPL only receiver.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
As Lewis says, your receiver will do this for you with a setting. Identical copies of the center signal are summed to the right and left fronts. If the fronts are set up well, the center channel information will be heard as an image centered precisly betweent the mains. The best HT I've ever heard has no center channel- yet the dialog came right from the center of the screen via this mechanism.

BenSummers

Auditioning
Sorry, this is no receiver, it's a soundcard with each of the 5.1 channels outputted at line level, I haven't got a centre speaker, so I want to mix this line level output into the front l/r outputs and then into the fronts' amp without making the fronts mono. How do you do this?
Sorry, that should make it clearer, what I want to do.

A software option would also be ok - a little app that sends the centre to the fronts, anyone know of one for the audigy?
Ah just had a thought, I could send the centre channel back into the line in, and then it would come out of the fronts, but would it bridge them? I'll have to see...

Thanks anyway :)

BenSummers

Auditioning
Well for some reason there's no 4.1 option (only headphone,2,4 or 5.1), if you know how to get 4.1 please tell me :)
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks