What's new

They left for a 3 hr. tour (3 hr. tour), ended up with a season 1 set. (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
Season 1 ships out in 2004
9/04/2003

Join the gang of Gilligan's Island for a 36 episode tour courtesy of Warner Bros Home Video. Warner Bros will release the first season of the classic show in 2004. While we don't know when the set will set sail, we're positive this will be a hot set. 40 years after it first aired, the exploits of Gilligan, the Skipper, the millionaire and his wife, the movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann have made us laugh and it's such wonderful news to hear that the show will be available on DVD.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Right on. Gilligan was a favorite as a kid. Everything's better with a little Ginger.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news on several fronts. First, a great show gets a well deserved DVD release. (There were only three seasons so I'm hoping S2 and S3 follow soon.)

Second, with DVD coming out this year and Green Acres and Mr. Ed coming at some point, it appears that TV on DVD may finally be ready to start mining all of the great programming from the 60's that many of us grew up with.
Surely, shows like "Get Smart", "Jeannie", "Munsters", and "Addams Family" will see the light of day over the next few years.

I agree with Dan, it's going to take a lot to keep me from buying this set. One thing that would irk me is if the DVDs were the colorized versions of S1 that TBS ran several years ago. I, of course, would want the original B&W. Also, I hope they spread the 36 episodes over enough discs to maintain optimum quality. I'm guessing 5 or 6 episodes per dual layered disc would be an appropriate limit.

Thank you Warner Brothers!! (You can get extra brownie points from us by including the "lost pilot" episode in this set. Hint. Hint. :D)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Wow, this came from out of nowhere. Definitely something on my want list, despite how annoying the show could be at times. Are all 36 first season episodes in black & white?

What's more exciting is that it now appears that Warner is breaking into its classic shows vault. Too bad they don't own that other big Scherwood Schwartz syndication darling: The Brady Bunch.

Oh, and for David Lambert... is this one of the four shows you've been sworn to secrecy about?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's one of the four.

I'm tracking down the B&W vs Colorized thing. I'm reasonably sure it will be B&W, but let me verify before I say for sure.

Wow....it will be great to see Roy Hinkley, Thurston and Lovie Howell, Mary Ann Summers, Jonas Grumby, Ginger Grant and Gilligan all in Season sets and in my DVD jukebox anytime I want! Whoo-hoo....score!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Does the first season have that one episode where they almost get off the island but Gilligan screws it up? That one's a classic.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Does the first season have that one episode where they almost get off the island but Gilligan screws it up? That one's a classic.
I don't think it has that one. But lucky for you, it does have the episode where Skipper conks Gilligan over the head and the one where Ginger attempts to seduce someone by touching her thigh and pursing her lips.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Does the first season have that one episode where they almost get off the island but Gilligan screws it up?
Not sure. Wonder if it'll have the one where the Professor builds something really cool out of coconuts? :D

Hey! Will it be in OCR? (Original Coconut Ratio)

No coconut=no sale!

;)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does the first season have that one episode where they almost get off the island but Gilligan screws it up?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I don't think it has that one. But lucky for you, it does have the episode where Skipper conks Gilligan over the head and the one where Ginger attempts to seduce someone by touching her thigh and pursing her lips.

Isn't that the whole series in a nutshell? Or a coconut shell? lol!

don't think it has that one. But lucky for you, it does have the episode where Skipper conks Gilligan over the head and the one where Ginger attempts to seduce someone by touching her thigh and pursing her lips.
japanese soldier: "please stop....you steam grasses..."

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
My wife's name is Mary-Ann. She goes ballistic everytime someone asks here where "Ginger" is. (Can't say I blame her.)

You know, I'm almost 100% certain that the Professor never made a radio out of a coconut.
True true. But they managed to build cars and houses and such. If you can build a exercise-bike that generates electricity, one would THINK you could build a boat. ;)

As for Mary-Ann and Ginger... all I can say about that photo is... NICE coconuts. ;)

HEY! How about the one where the guest-star gets off the island, and no-one else does!!! I *love* that one! ;)

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I guess most people really don't remember the show becuase in episode 8 - Good-Bye Island at the end the Minnow completely falls apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks