What's new

Anyone Get Three O'Clock High? (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Went to Best Buy today to get this and of course they had like 50 copies of fucking Sixteen Candles but I couldn't find what I wanted! I asked the clerk and she said they had one in stock but of course it wasn't where it was supposed to be in the comedy section!! After scouring the shelves for an hour I just gave up and left. Anyone have this problem? If not, how's the picture and sound quality??

What I really don't understand how they could have tons of Candles and Breakfast Club and Weird Science but not this?? I am really getting sick of these stores...:thumbsdown:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I didn't even bother to look when I went into Circuit City today. It is a catalogue title so most retail stores probably don't have it yet. It didn't have the promotion that the John Hughes films did so I'd be surprised if they carried it.

I ordered it on Amazon and should have it in a couple days (still hasn't shipped).

MatS

Screenwriter
The store I went to also had a glut of Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Weird Science...only 1 copy of Three O'Clock High....I'm waiting for a/v reviews before I decide if I should pick this up especially since movies such as those mentioned above seem so dated to me.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
There were about a dozen copies of it at my BB. Of course there were four times as many copies of Breakfast Club, etc, but why not? Other than on here I don't think I've ever met anyone who had heard of 3 o'clock High. It was no where near as popular as BC or 16 Candles.

-paul

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Got mine. One of my favs from the 80's. Will be spinning it up later tonight. If someone already hasn't I'll throw some impressions up.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I Just finished watching Three O' Clock High.

The transfer is good, not great. A few specks here and there but overall a nice anamorphic transfer.

The sound is DD 2.0 surround, although I really didn't notice much, if any, surround activity. Dialog is clear and not distorted. Sounds fine.

No extras, not even a trailer.

The film itself however is entertaining as it ever was and holds up nicely.

Recommended.:emoji_thumbsup:

P.S. Sorry Romier, you snooze, you lose.;)

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
The movie looks great, I got the only copy at Best Buy, I would reccomend going to Tower Records they usually carry all the hard to find new releases. The sweetest part of getting this gem was I sold my vhs of this for more then 20 bux on ebay! :D

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question regarding the film's audio on the DVD.
It's at the 1:09:22 mark, when Jerry confronts Buddy in the gym. Buddy turns around, and says something to Jerry, but his lips don't match what he said. Even the voice seems a little different.
Anyone know about this?

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Got mine fron dvdplanet.com
Have had time to view it yet.
Love the movie though!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
There were 3 copies of it at the Best Buy I bought mine from. Suncoast had 4-5 copies, but they were 19.95. FYE didn't have any, which is odd because they've been pretty good about catalog titles lately.

This was just as good as I remembered, so I'd recommend it to anyone who'd been thinking of picking it up.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
P.S. Sorry Romier, you snooze, you lose
Bah, you can have it Tino:D

The picture quality is nice enough as is the sound but above all else its really fantastic to see this old classic alive and well on DVD. I loved this movie when I was younger and suprisingly it holds up really well even today.

todd stone

Screenwriter
great movie holds up well.

my bets buy had tons of sixteen canldes etc and the guy had to GO IN THE BACKROOM to get 3 o clock high on the shelves. gimme a break!

Mark_Paul

Agent
Buddy turns around, and says something to Jerry, but his lips don't match what he said. Even the voice seems a little different.
I remember this from my old VHS. It was probably altered in post production. I find this annoying too. The worst movie for this is John Badham's 'The Hard Way'.

By the way, look out for Yeardley 'Lisa Simpson' Smith in this movie.

I'll be getting my copy soon.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
look out for Yeardley 'Lisa Simpson' Smith in this movie.
"I'm tellin ya, this guy is supposed to be a total psycho!"

Got my copy finally and watched it. Picture quality is slightly below average, with definite EE, and the 2.0 sounded a little tinny to my ears, but WHAT THE HELL, it was Three O'Clock High on DVD! :D :D

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Movie holds up surprisingly well. Looking for a favor though... I'm working on a 'project' and could really use some good screencaps of the major characters... namely Buddy, Jerry, Fran (the spooky girl), and the security guy played by Mitch Pileggi, but anyone will do. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. This movie has virtually zero presense online, screencaps-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks