Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

VCR Nix > Channel 36

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   DavidO

DavidO

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 09:15 AM

I recently dropped down a level in my cable service, and returned the scrambler box. The hook-up now is: cable to VCR, and VCR to TV. On TV I get all the cable-ready channels, i.e., most everything except the premiums. But (just noticed last night), the VCR refuses to access anything higher than channel 36. Won't do it when I try auto program, nor when I enter manually. It's a "several-years old" RCA. Called tech help, who helpfully gave me the name of my local dealer, who charges $85/hr. I'll buy a new one before I do that. The problem does not appear to be cable related, since a 2nd VCR connected elsewhere in the house accesses everything. Any ideas?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   JeremyFr

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 11:29 AM

have you made sure the vcr is set for cable reception and not antenna, if its set for antenna it will only go so high before the differences in frequencys used for the UHF channels will make channels not visible. though ususally this affects channels above 13 not 36 and up but that would be my best guess.
For those of you who know your job is to teach.
For those of you who dont know your job is to learn.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   DavidO

DavidO

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 01:54 PM

It's on cable, as witness the fact that it pulls in channels up to 35.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   JeremyFr

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 04:05 PM

I kinda of figured but I've seen weirder things happen.
For those of you who know your job is to teach.
For those of you who dont know your job is to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users