What's new

Dragnet (2003) Season One - box set announced (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Universal Home Video will release the new Dragnet TV series in a Season One collection on November 11th.

The 3-disc set will include all twelve first-season episodes with fullscreen transfers and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio tracks. Stay tuned for an announcement on bonus features (if any) and cover art soon. Retail will be a reasonable $39.98.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Gimme. I enjoyed this series very much, and this will be the perfect way to fill in the episode or two I missed.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I don't really enjoy cop shows that much, but I found it well made, not my cup of tea, but it's always nice to see Ed O'Neil in a non-Bundy mode. He's a fine actor.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if this is how Dick Wolf wants it, though - it looked pretty good 4x3, too, and I suspect that if Wolf wanted his shows widescreen, NBC and ABC would do it.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
DVD File reports this morning that the discs will be in 1:78 to 1 anamorphic widescreen. Hopefully this is true!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

The show was shown in the UK on a late night slot and I only caught it by accident. I've been hoping it would come out on DVD, but thought it a forlorn wish.

Being really greedy - please does anyone know if the theme music used specifically for this show is available?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
DVD File reports this morning that the discs will be in 1:78 to 1 anamorphic widescreen. Hopefully this is true!
I don't know where this info would be coming from; I'm verifying the fullframe listing at two different Universal sources right now. Yep, it says fullframe.

Maybe they were distracted by the sample menu shot being 16x9...as we know, there are menus that are widescreen even when the feature isn't.

I haven't been watching this series, for various reasons that have nothing to do with my admiration for Ed "Al Bundy" O'Neill. So I can't tell you what OAR is, but I suspect it's another Dual-OAR situation much like CSI is. But that's speaking from my own ignorance.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I get the sense that this release is being used as a "marketing tool" much the same way that Fox successfully used the release of the first season of "24" to try and spark interest in the second season.

It can't be because of its large following. The show has been exiled to saturday nights, and has a new title -- "L.A. Dragnet". They have also retooled the show and sent Ethan Embry packing.

TV shows are a very popular commodity on DVD these days. I am sure that this release is an attempt to try and cash in on that craze.

I fear, though, that this may be the only season that ever sees the light of day on DVD.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
It's a bit vile isn't it. Is it just me or am I the only one not convinced that's his hand? Perhaps it's a severed torch holding hand or something because it certainly doesn't look like it's attached to that bloke...

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Just because it was made in 1.78 doesn't mean it's supposed to be that way. See every thread about Buffy season 4 or open matte movies.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hmm this Show coming out ahead of Boomtown is there no justice in this world?

OK Universal How about stop sitting on The Night Stalker and Let us get this classic on DVD In my Lifetime.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Universal has gone and removed it from the schedule. No new date or anything. It's like Duel all over again!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Yep. It's not on the release date anymore. The news report is at tvshowsondvd under the news title of Dragnet (2003) DVD Cancelled. Somehow, this doesn't surprise me because of the reputation that Universal has nowadays. I hardly belive anything that Universal says.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks