-

Photo
- - - - -

Alias - Season 2 Specs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 John Simon

John Simon

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 08:01 AM

I thought it might be worth starting a seperate thread for the second season of Alias. Some of this news is relatively old, but it wasn't mentioned in the other thread so I've posted it here.

The press release, as seen on TVShowsOnDVD and a number of Alias sites:

Season 2 Heats Up In A New Six-Disc DVD Set Available Dec. 2

ALIAS SEASON 2

More Action, More Drama From The Hottest Show On TV!

LOADS of Bonus Materials Take Viewers Into The
Incredible World Of 'Alias' And Its Star Jennifer Garner

BURBANK, Calif., July 17, 2003 - The sizzling entertainment phenomenon "Alias" keeps growing with ALIAS SEASON 2, a knockout six-disc box set that includes all 22 second-season episodes and a ton of thrilling, never-before-seen bonus features. For both viewers new to the storyline and die-hard fans, ALIAS SEASON 2 delivers not just the episodes but a comprehensive package that encompasses the entire 'Alias' world. Loaded with bonus features, ALIAS SEASON 2 is designed to provide the most in-depth look possible at TV's most explosive show. Demanded by fans and coming on the heels of "Alias Season 1" (available September 2), this is the place to discover TV's hottest story, one that is attracting thousands of new viewers every week!

ALIAS SEASON 2 stars Hollywood sensation Jennifer Garner ("Daredevil") as Sydney Bristow, a young woman recruited from college to become a spy. While Sydney is engaged in a life-and-death struggle with the shadowy forces of the spy world, she finally meets her mysterious mother (Lena Olin, "Chocolat"), who is also a spy. While the uneasy relationship between Sydney, her mom and her dad (Victor Garber, TV's "The Music Man") is played out, Sydney is sent on more dangerous missions that test her limits. And when the secrets, lies, betrayals and high stakes of her career mix with her family life, the combination is explosive. ALIAS SEASON 2 co-stars Ron Rifkin ("The Sum Of All Fears") and Michael Vartan ("One Hour Photo"). Created and Executive Produced by J. J. Abrams. ALIAS SEASON 2 is available on December 2 from Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Six-DVD set (includes 22 episodes): $69.99 (S.R.P).

ALIAS SEASON 2
Bonus DVD Features

The Making of "The Telling" - an in-depth documentary on the making of the season finale. Go behind the scenes for a look at Seasons 2's emotional finale.
Undercover: The Look of Alias - a look at the costume design, make-up and disguises. See how the pros re-make Jennifer Garner and her co-horts for their incredible spy roles.
Season 2 Gag Reel - the best of the moments you can't see on TV
Monday Night Football Parody
The Making Of The Video Game
Deleted Scenes - never-before-seen, yet too good to miss
Audio Commentary With Cast And Crew
All bonus materials subject to change.

Street date: December 2
Suggested retail price: $69.99 (six-DVD set)
DVD aspect ratio: 1.78:1, enhanced for 16x9 screens
Sound: Dolby. Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. Spanish language track.

Posted Image
Overstock currently is showing the above image as the cover, although I'm hoping it is only a temp. It doesn't appear to have any similarity to the first season's cover, and it looks even worse.

Still, it looks like a pretty decent set. And I can't wait to get the Monday Night Football spoof on DVD. Posted Image

#2 of 5 stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 08:23 AM

I picked up the first season as I had only seen a few episodes on tv and I can't wait for the 2nd season to be released.My only complaint would be with the gag reel.Surely there's more than a few minutes of these lying around but every gag reel you see,I'm not just talking about the Alias one, only seems to be 4-5 mins in length.

#3 of 5 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 08:30 AM

Quote:
Still, it looks like a pretty decent set. And I can't wait to get the Monday Night Football spoof on DVD.

Frankly, I'd rather have the MADTV one Posted Image That was HILARIOUS. "SYDNEY! Where do you go anyway" "Ummm..*PUNCH*" *Run Run Run*

#4 of 5 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 02:10 PM

Jeff, that one has me rolling, I still have it saved on my computer. Posted Image

I like how she keeps turning to the camera to whine.

#5 of 5 Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 04:12 PM

The MAD TV "Felicity" parody was great, too. "Intensity."
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"