Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Consitering LCD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   AdamWood

AdamWood

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted August 31 2003 - 04:36 AM

As a teen, I want a new tv to replace my huge 27", 8year old rca. I want an lcd so I can take it to college next year, and its just cool Posted Image. So do you think I should get it, its 350 after rebates...?
http://www.circuitci....rk_1&oid=74883
Blueprint Pictures

Finishing my HT with a Blueprint in a a ported 4.466cuft box tuned to 22Hz and 272watts of power

AIM: Woodmyster703

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Producer

• 3,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted August 31 2003 - 09:02 AM

How "cool" do you think it will be when you pop in a 2.35:1 movie, and your image is a scant 5" high? (dude, my laptop computer has a 15" screen...) Not to mention no 16:9 mode for anamorphic movies. I remember dorm life quite well (it's hard to forget) - movie nights were fun, cramming a dozen or more people in a room to watch Star Wars at least once a quarter. If I were in your situation, pocket the $350 and wait till you get to school, then find the local Circuit City and shop for a REAL TV - $350 is more than enough to get a decent 27" Panasonic, and it's even enough to get a 24" flatscreen Sony. Worry how you'll get it home at the end of the year... I'll bet with a little shopping around, you could even find a set with 16:9 mode for an even better movie night experience. Just my 0.02 -Jason P.S. Trust me, no matter how hard you try, someone down the hall ALWAYS has a better computer/TV/Stereo/whatever.. you WON'T win with a 15" display, but 24" or 27" will give you a fighting chance...

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users