Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Flutter echoes

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   DavidES

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted August 30 2003 - 02:01 AM

I could some insight on this subject. Sorry, if this the wrong forum for this subject.

I've already read "The Master Handbook on Acoustics" 3rd ed. and the author mentioned VERY briefly about the subject and mentioned this product. He never did tell us how to find flutter echoes unless I missed it somehow. This product is pretty narrow in width.

What would they sound like and how would one go about finding the correct spot to apply the treatment in a room?
Do they just cover the whole walls with the above-mentioned product?

Thanks in advance for any/all help.
David S.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,800 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 11:47 AM

Mmm. Never heard of the term. Of course multiple echoes are bad in a HT. But I doubt if a product like that is really of any help. Making sure you don't have large hard, reflective surfaces parallel to each other in your HT seems more effective to me. There's lots about it on this forum (e.g. in the primer section). But not, as far as I know, about those wooden blocks/strips. Frankly, I doubt if they're any good. Cees

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   DavidES

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted September 02 2003 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Cees.
David S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users