Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Unbreakable DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten

Second Unit

• 360 posts

Posted August 15 2001 - 04:24 PM

hi. i know this has proly already been talked about at some point.. but was anyone else REALLY displeased with the lack of extras on this disc? i mean granted it had about the basic elements.. but it just seems really bare to me.. ah well maybe its just me.. Posted Image

#2 of 9 Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted August 15 2001 - 05:29 PM

I think that a commentary would have been nice, but other than that, I can't really think of much more that they could have done. I liked the featurettes that were on the disc, and the deleted scenes were really well done. I think that the intros should become standard fare-explaining why a scene was cut etc (Kevin Smith is also great for doing this). The one deleted scene in the amusement park was tenser than anything else in the film!

I would tend to agree though that it seemed to be marketed as having more than was actually there. Can't remember the audio tracks offhand, but was there really no room on one disc for all of this stuff? I think that 2 discs are a great idea if you need the space on one for better audio/video, but 2 discs for the sake of having 2 discs is just a waste...
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#3 of 9 Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman

Screenwriter

• 2,714 posts

Posted August 15 2001 - 06:26 PM

The video quality was top notch and the DTS-ES track
(unfortunately, the matrix version) was very good, so I'm glad they put the extras (what there was of them) on a second disc.

A SuperBits disc with supplements from Disney?? Who'd a thunk it? Posted Image

Dan

------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

#4 of 9 Ricky f

Ricky f

Supporting Actor

• 721 posts

Posted August 15 2001 - 10:57 PM

I was expecting a few more extras but overall, I was very pleased with the DVD.

What dissapointed me was that they did not include the great teaser trailer or theatrical trailer.

Regards,
Ricky

------------------

Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD

http://www.hometheat....ML/003344.html

#5 of 9 Dave L

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted August 16 2001 - 01:39 AM

Thought the DVD was excellent. My only quibble was the lack of trailers. Did find it interesting that while Jackson was interviewed for the short, Willis was not. Since this is Willis's second film with Night, I would have thought he would have cooperated and possibly provided some insight into working with this director, who has give him a couple of solid hits recently.

#6 of 9 PatrickM

PatrickM

Screenwriter

• 1,140 posts

Posted August 16 2001 - 03:24 AM

I think I mentioned in a previous thread that I enjoyed the DVD but hardly thought it merited a two disc special edition. You could have fit everything onto one disc. In reality it had about as much extras as the Sixth Sense and that was all on one disc.

Patrick

------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.

My DVD Collection

#7 of 9 Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted August 16 2001 - 07:29 AM

Well, this comes as a disappointment to me as I have just ordered this title! I was looking forward to going through all the extras that must be on that second disc! (I saw the movie through Netflix and they dont send you the second disc unless you rent it seperately).

Loved the movie though, so much so I still would have bought it without any extras! Posted Image
For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#8 of 9 PatrickM

PatrickM

Screenwriter

• 1,140 posts

Posted August 16 2001 - 10:43 AM

Rob,

Don't get me wrong. I still love this DVD and you will too. Its just odd that it was a two disc set instead of one.

Patrick

------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.

My DVD Collection

#9 of 9 Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted August 16 2001 - 12:53 PM

You can thank the director for the lack of extras. I didn't think that it was to lackluster though there is still alot of things to go through. The reason for the 2 disc set is for the DTS soundtrack.