Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft Wins OK for Xbox Wireless Adapter

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted August 29 2003 - 08:08 AM

MS just got approval for the 54mbps adapter. This is the bridge between hardcore and mainstream for online gaming as far as I'm concerned. Online access has to be plug and play. Microsoft will probably be selling an Xbox-branded wireless router soon, hell, maybe even as one big package so that they can greater control of the online experience for novices. The problem is that getting an internet connection to your console is so complicated, Microsoft HAD to do something about it, and this is the first step.

#2 of 2 JasonKrol

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor

• 507 posts

Posted August 30 2003 - 12:58 AM

yeah, I was considering picking up the LinkSYS Wireless G Game ADapter and a Wireless G Router. With those 2 items, I should be able to hook a regular ol hub to the WGA in my rack and have internet access for all of my gaming/ht needs. The only problem with the Xbox thing is that if you picked one up, you would still be screwed beacuse of your PS2 and/or GCN nearby as well (unless they both released similar products).

If you are someone who just has an Xbox in an inconvenient area for internet, thnn you are all set!

-Jason