What's new

Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow (Merged thread) (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Hey all,

FINALLY heard the new Sarah McLachlan song today..."Fallen." It's been 7 years since sarah put out any new material and she's finally back. Although the album is TBA at the moment, signs are pointing to a November release. The song is AWESOME. You all should check it out!

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Great news. Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting forever, it seems. Though I guess it's only been 7 years.:D

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I hope the new album is more like Fumbling Towards Ecstacy than Surfacing, which sounded too safe & predictable (it's irritating to me that BMG isn't doing Fumbling as a dvd-audio--I think it's very moody and atmospheric feel is better suited for surround than Surfacing). I finally just sold Surfacing because it just sat gathering dust in my rack.

LJ

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
I agree surfacing is a little more subdued but I think it was interesting and good in it's own right and in some ways more developed them fumbling.

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
maybe it hit me at a different time in my life, but i feel that solace is her best album. fumbling is definitely solid, freedom session were decent, surfacing is over-produced crap and so is mirrorball (but live albums don't count, do they?). the b-sides/rarities album wasn't spectacular, nor was reloaded (or whatever that remix album was called). i was a big fan, even got her autograph during an in-store performance, but now i just don't care. i do hope that she returns to something like she was around 91-94.

i once read that she had problems with writer's block after fumbling, which may account for it's (surfacing's) lack of appeal to me. or maybe she shouldn't have married her drummer. who knows? oh well.

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
No one ever agrees, but I like think touch is her best. Oh well, I hope Classic Records releases a vinyl version of the new album, I have the other four from them, and would hate to have 4 LPs and 1 CD.

Derek

kamyiu

Stunt Coordinator
touch is a good album. good point derek, i totally forgot about it in my little diatribe. i still prefer solace tho, everything seems to come together on that album.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Thank You very much Tim for the links to hear the new song!

I love it!! Im a die hard Sarah fan who went ape when finding this thread. Cant wait for them new album and tour!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Lance,
I cant find the info on your link. Thanks for the news though. Is it her new Cd or an oldie?

JohnE

Supporting Actor
That is great news. Now if we could get some new Loreena McKinnett.
Is she still making music even? I thought her husband passed away a few years ago and she hung it up? I agree that I would love for her to give us new music though.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Any word on street dates for Sarah's DVD-A's? My girlfriend will be thrilled (she loves the Dishwalla Opaline DVD-A, we never listen to the CD version) when they street.

Do you think they'll fix the crackling vocals and hyperbass in "I Love You"? ;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Too bad it's not Fumbling. I'll probably get Surfacing but not Mirrorball unless there are some good extras on it. Mirrorball is just the DVD shortened.

ahhh...who am i kidding. I'll probably get them both :)

And FYI...Touch was released in the UK as DVD Audio.
Is there a speed-up issue? :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks