What's new

Are there any other Horror film fans out there as fanatical as me? (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
First let me say that I am a film fanatic in general. I love all types of films(except for 90% of the films put out by Hollywood today).
But my first love is Horror films. I love almost all Horror films, especially ones made before the advent of video. To show you how big a fan I am, just look at the DVDs I have pre-ordered for August 28th:
A & C Meet the Mummy
Audrey Rose
Beast Withen, The
Candyman 2
Carrie
Count Yorga Vampire
Dracula's Daughter/Son of Dracula
Dunwich Horror, The
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman/House of Frankenstein
Hammer House of Horrors
Howling, The
Invaders From Mars
Island of Dr Moreau
It, The Terror From Beyond Space
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Mars Needs Women
Monster That Challenged the World
Planet of the Vampires
Reptilicus
Return of the Living Dead 3- CANCELLED
frown.gif

Scanners
Son of Frankenstein/Ghost of Frankenstein
Mummy's Ghost/Mummy's Curse
Mummy's Hand/Mummy's Tomb
Theatre of Blood
Twice Told Tales
Werewolf of London/She Wolf of London
How I'm going to pay for all these titles, God only knows, especially as there are quite a few other titles coming out in August & September such as The Wicker Man, Doomwatch, Nightbreed, Legend of Hell House, 13 Ghosts, When Worlds Collide, Opera, Suspiria, American Werewolf in London, The Fury, The Blob, Silence of the Lambs & City of the Dead. What makes this even worse is that there are 3 expensive non-horror titles sets coming out over the next few weeks that I really want to get; the Criterion Dreyer Set, The Emma Peel Box Set & The Complete Prisoner Box Set...HELP!!!!
I have yet to meet anyone who is as fanatical as me when it comes to almost all types of Horror films. I'm hoping that there is one or two other people on this forum who can understand and relate to my addiction to Horror and maybe explain why we're so fanatical. I hope there is as I'm tired of feeling so alone
frown.gif

[Edited last by Jay E on August 15, 2001 at 09:40 AM]

Harry W

Stunt Coordinator
And I thought I was bad at collecting them.Only on VHS so far.But ya got me beat my friend.Thank God my wife likes the same movies.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I am a very big Horror fan, I have not pre-ordered all the ones you have because not all of them interest me.
I have pre-ordered:
Candyman 2
Carrie
Scanners
Howling
Return of the living dead 3
Theater of blood
Twice Told Tales
I am running low on cash at the moment, but I am a very big horror fan like you.
Half of my collection is Horror, I have :
Some of these are region 2 :
American Psycho
Basket Case 2
Basket case 3
Beetlejuice ( comedy Horror )
The Blair Witch Project
Bride Of Chucky
Candyman
Cherry Falls
Child's Play 1
Child's Play 2
Creepshow
Creepshow 2
The Dentist
Deep Blue Sea
The Faculty
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th part 3
Friday the 13th : The Final Chapter
Gate 2
Grandmothers House
Halloween limited edition
Halloween 4
Halloween 5 limited edition
Halloween H20
The Haunting ( 1999 )
Hellrasier 1 and 2 Limitd edition
Hellrasier : Bloodline
House 1 and 2 Limited edition
House On Haunted Hill
Idle Hands
I know what you did last summer
I Still know what you did last summer
Misery
Nightmare On Elm Street Box Set 1-7
Prom Night
Psycho
Psycho 2
Psycho 3
Psycho 98
Scream Trilogy
The Silence Of The Lambs Criterion
The Sixth Sense
Sleepaway Camp
Tales from the crypt : Demon Knight
Tales from the crypt : Robert Zemeckis collection
Urban Legend
Urban Legend : Final Cut
Valentine
So No your not the only fanatical Horror fan
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

M

MaxY

First Off Jay you are far from Alone.
If I sort by Genre in DVD Profiler using Horror as the Genre I have 198 and am likely to break 200 today. :)
If you want to see a good thread on Horror there is an excellent one started by me. :) It has reached 4 pages now so you might have to do some reading to catch up.
wink.gif

If you would like to Join in on that thread....
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum15/HTML/028807.html
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Jay E, I LOVE horror! Been watching em all my life. Have you gone to see The Others yet? If not, drop your keyboard now, run to your nearest theater, and be prepared to be chilled to the bone my friend! I've spent the last few days trying to convince other members who havn't seen it to go, as I believe they're missing the boat on one of the years best films! But it seems everyones more interested in American Pie 2 instead, and it's a real shame.
------------------
The Multi Channel Animal's truly, madly, deeply in love with Estella Warren!

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Major horror and slasher movie fan right here. The last horror movies I bought were Carnival of Souls (Criterion), Brian DePalma's Sisters (Criterion), and the slightly underrated throwback to 80's slashers, Valentine.
I plan on buying the old 80's slasher film Tourist Trap very soon though, as I hear nothing but good things about it. Plus, it's well under 10 bucks, so how can I go wrong?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see that I'm not the only fanatic. That's why I love HTF, you can find addicts just like yourself and feel you are part of a family (although with our tastes, it might be more like the Manson family :)).
Wes, I have Tourist Trap, it's a childhood favorite, mainly because Chuck Conners scared the crap out of me, he's one scary looking dude (also loved him in The Mad Bomber, another film where he plays a psycho). The transfer however isn't that great, there seems to be a lot of pixelation, but for that price I would still pick it up.

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as a horror fanatic too. My best friend introduced me to the world of cult cinima with Evil Dead, and from then on I think I've been in love. Although I must admit, I hate most of all the horror movies that have come from the 90's. Army of Darkness and a few others are the only good ones. I hate 90's slasher films. I thought Scream was good, but nothing more.
On pre order:
Wicker Man LE
Maniac LE
Dario Argento Col. 1,2,3
Suspiria
Opera
and I hope Anchor Bay rereleases Zombie soon. I wish I didn't miss out on that one. I love Lucio Fulci
biggrin.gif

------------------
Link Removed

M

MaxY

And here is to Hoping that they rerelease Zombie with an Anamorphic transfer too.
BTW just out of curousity (I know it killed the cat but I am hoping I survive) while we have all these horror fans here....
How many of you horror DVD buyers have a widescreen set or plan to soon?
I was just wondering how many here could actually really enjoy all the great work that Anchor Bay has put into their anamorphic transfers.
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here

Julie K

Screenwriter
I too love horror, but I'll admit that most of the 90s left me pretty sickened. If I had to pick my favorite sub-genre, it would certainly be gore :)
I am most eagerly waiting for the Wicker Man LE next week, but my most anticipated disk of the year (heck, of all time) has to be the Anchor Bay 2 disc set of Bad Taste! Woo hoo!
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Max, I don't own a widescreen set. Heck with all the money I'm spending on DVDs, I have absolutely no money left to upgrade my present 11 year old system. At least my T.V. is 27", but I'm envious of all those people with new surround sound home theatre systems.
P.S. I just cancelled my Return of the Living Dead 3 order at Amazon after finding out it is the R rated version. I guess I just saved a little money that I can put to a new system (who am I fooling, it'll probably go to another horror DVD).
[Edited last by Jay E on August 15, 2001 at 09:43 AM]

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im not the worlds biggesat horror fan; but I will admit most of my fav movies are horror.
My DVD horror films are
Halloween LE
Friday the 13th pt1-Final Chapter (pt 6 on the way)
Exorcist 25th anni AND VYNS (both)
Night of the Livivng Dead (original)
Evil Dead (all three AOD is the LE)
Texas Chainsaw SE
Haunting DTS (99) Movie sucks but the sound!
smiley_jawdrop.gif

Blair Witch Project
Christine (Dont know if you consider this horror)
I think thats all?
[Edited last by MatthewButler on August 15, 2001 at 10:15 AM]
[Edited last by MatthewButler on August 15, 2001 at 10:17 AM]

I'm into horror big time....
Nightmare On Elm Street Box Set
Final Destination
Sleepy Hollow
Friday The 13th Parts 1+2 (getting others soon)
House
House 2
Sisters
Vampires
From Dusk Till Dawn
Faculty
Existenz
Phantasm
Phantasm 4
Scream Box Set
Evil Dead 2 Tin
Halloween- 2Disk
Halloween 5 Tin
Army Of Darkness- 2Disk
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Night Of The Living Dead
Silence Of The lambs - Criterion
Dead Ringers - Criterion
Will get soon....
Hannibal
Silence Of The Lambs - MGM W/S
Carrie: SE
Killer Klowns
The Blob (88)
Dressed To Kill
The Fury

Serega_M

Agent
Answering on the question of MaxY about the Widescreen TV :)
Actually - I am quite shocked to see that most Americans still have 4:3 TV! Here, in Europe, even here, in Moscow, damn it! people who need to buy a new TVset usually going for 100Hz Widescreen TVs, even without all of that HDTV and while ALL of the TV broadcasts being in 4:3 mono format :) As for me - I have bought my Home Theater system not so long time ago (about 4 months ago) and of course as the screen I've bought myself Philips 32" 100Hz Widescreen TV, it has costed me about 1800 USD. And the most useful feature of that TV is AutoZoom - while it takes every kind of the picture (4:3 or anything else) and digitally fills the entire screen of the 16x9 TV :) Of course I can control that process and choose any aspect ratio I want, but ALL of the time I am happy with the automatic results I got :) So - this discussions about J6P who demand "to fill their screen" are nonsense to me - why vendors there just can't put this cool (and probably not so expensive) digital feature to ALL of their new 4:3 TV's there and if the movie is letterboxed - the digital processor will zoom it to "fill the screen" - so - not much problems will be and J6P's stop complaining :)
And btw, having such TV set it cool - cause all of the originally shot 4:3 movies (Evil Dead, NOFTLD'68 for example) I can see widescreen (I know, I know that the picture is artificially altered, but anyway
wink.gif
)! Cool, heh? :) Hope this information helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks