-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie: Need advice on a Kenwood HT system

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Wes Savage

Wes Savage

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted August 27 2003 - 04:15 AM

Hey guys, I was referred to this forum for advice on a new HT system I want to purchase. Basically, I've got a Best Buy credit card with $350 to spend so I have to get it from Best Buy due to my financial limitations, (aka I'm a college student).

Anyway, I'm looking for something that will work well with my Xbox (which doubles as my DVD player). I recently bought a new 32" RCA TV that has a vport specifically designed for the xbox. Here's the current HT system I'm looking at: Kenwood 600-Watt Dolby Digital/DTS Home Theater System Model: HTB-206. I'd post a link but apparently I'm too new to do that.

I realize this probably isn't going to be the greatest HT system ever made... but we all have to start somewhere Posted Image . Any advice you all can give would be much appreciated.

#2 of 3 Kevinkall

Kevinkall

Second Unit

• 331 posts

Posted August 28 2003 - 12:46 PM

I would pick it up. I started with a Kenwood HTB(can't remember the model #) and have since moved on. For the price I paid for mine($300)it did it's job well and lasted for a few years. I have since upgraded and moved my old system into my computer room/den. I think for it's price it's a good starter setup.

#3 of 3 Wes Savage

Wes Savage

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted August 29 2003 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to give it a shot.