Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie needs help/advice on cabling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mike_Hamnrye

Mike_Hamnrye

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 27 2003 - 04:06 AM

I am a total newbie that doesn't know the difference between and ohm and a rock (information overload). I would like to know if I have the right idea or need direction. This is my setup:

DIY Screen - blackout cloth/GOO paint
Sanyo PLV-Z1 - (1) component video (1) s-video(1) computer-in
Onyko HTS760 - (2) Optical (1) Coaxial (3)s-video
(2) component video
Adelphia Digital Cable - s-video

(I am considering switching to Direct TV or Dish in near future)

Projector is ceiling mounted about 20 feet away from the receiver and other hardware. If I got it right I should run a component video cable and an s-video cable to the Onyko receiver. Do I understand that the receiver can then act as a switch rather than buying a component video switch? I need to hook up an X-Box preferably with the HD Pack, a progressive scan DVD player, the digital cable box. We also have a Game Cube to consider at some point. If buying a component video switch is the way to go for adding the Game Cube and/or satellite, etc. I am very willing to do that if needed. I would appreciate your help as I find all this cabling a bit confusing.