What's new

MANHUNT is coming soon (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i just got my copy today a lunch, along with CounterStrike for Xbox.

I havent had a change to try it yet, but I cant wait. IGN also said its good for 20-30 hours of play, plus more because of the unlockable bonuses!

Woohoo!! :D

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Im shocked that this game isnt getting a lot more hype and attention than it has been getting...

I really dont know if I should buy it or not... I really want to, but I am afraid I may not like it... I hear it is not very action oriented, more just sneaking around.

I miss the good old days when you could return an open video game if you didnt like it...

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
Is nobody playing this? I bought this right before Thanksgiving and have been hooked ever since. The atmosphere is great... it's a tight, intense game. I'm nearly done which makes it one of the few games I've ever played all the way though until the end.

Peter_A

Second Unit
I just returned the rental, 3 days overdue. Great game and like mentioned the atmosphere is great! I'm thinking of going to rent it again. :b

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well, I did play the game and played it all the way through. I thought the game was pretty good, but it was a challenge. Some of the levels I thought were great. Very creepy and better then many horror movies. A couple boring levels for me, but the good outweighs the bad. A few levels I thought were too difficult (one took me 40 times to pass), but I guess thats all part of the challenge. Another thing I was used to was just running out with a weapon and shooting or hacking (was used to other games). You must take your time in the game. It's not like you can just run out. I thought that was a good thing about this game because it was different than what I am used to. I had to have plenty of patience.

The game is definately not for someone who cant handle violence and is pretty disturbing when thought about.

I also would have liked a better ending after all the work.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Good to hear. I figured that I will have to take my time with this game.

About the ending, how bad is it? Very few games, in my experience, have satisfying endings. It doesn't sound like it ruined it for you.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Chris,

I agree. I am not very satisfied with most video game endings. They just seem too bla and pointless for something video gamers work at what seems forever completing. One of the reasons I dont play tons of video games. They seem like more of a job to me.

The ending to Manhunt is not horrible. It just ends out of nowhere IMO. It is too quick and seems like it was just thrown there at the last minute due to some deadline. It seems like it lasts all of 5 seconds.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Well, I have about 6 hours of gameplay under my belt now and this game is the most violent game I have ever seen. It is difficult at times, but I am feeling more comfortable with the controls now. I wish the game had crouch and jump features. Perhaps they could tweak the gameplay for the next instalment, but somehow I doubt there will be a sequel to this game. From what I have heard, sales have been low and the publicity hasn't been great.

Time to go back for more!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I rented it and played it for a bit but I just couldn't get into it. It seemed to be very repetitive. Get from point a to point b, kill guards, continue on to point c. There just wasn't any real draw for me. That and for a game that encourages stealth, it sure was hard to stay hidden as compared to the likes of Hitman, Splinter Cell, and MGS.
I agree though, it sure is one gruesome game.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I'm somewhat relieved sales haven't been at a GTA level. We certainly don't need the media harping on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks