What's new

Best Sound System for $1,000?????? (1 Viewer)

Gary_X

Auditioning
What's the best surround system for $1,000. I've had Bose in the past and have been very pleased. I'm in a new house with new decor and I need a white system. Should I go Bose again or is there something better?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It's late, so I'll be brief and flame and get that oever with, and then hopefully this can more constructive than a regular Bose-bashing thread. (oh but i do enjoy the bose-flaming threads though :D )

Bose is way overpriced pieces of over-hyped crap. :thumbsdown:

Alright that's outta the way.

If al you care about is the color of the system.... then sound really doesn't matter, and get whatever looks best. We here (i anyway) try to get the best performance for the dollar, and the point of a stereo or ht audio system is the sound, not the looks. If looks are really a primary goal instead of sound, then there are still some options, like in-wall speakers that will give you good sound. Other small speaker systems exist that are far better than the bose. I really like paradigm, i think rocket has a little package coming out the mirage setup gets recommended. There are options out there.

And do a search for "bose" and do a little reading.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Gary go to Link Removed and go to RAD Micros check them out. They are great sounding speakers and small. He can fininsh them in white or a wood look basically any color you want. I have them in black as my rears and they look sweet. Where state do you live in? If you want to spend a $1000 he could probably upgrade the sub. The system he shows is only $750. I have one of his big subs and it is awesome.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Energy take 5.2s are a great looking, great sounding set of speakers.

That's a start

Bre t

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I second the take5.2... I have them and love them.
They come in white, black, and a beautiful maple and silver (I have these and at no extra cost). They sound awesome and a great buy.

$900 For the speakers and the sub, worth every penny.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The Rocket ELT system comes in at $900 and is a fantastic buy at that price. It includes a 200 watt, 10” sub, four, 2-way satellite speakers (they go down to about 60 Hz) and a 3-way, four driver, center speaker that is really outstanding in its class.

I heard these in Dallas and they sound really good.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At this point it would be prudent to stop posting until Gary responds. Just asking what's the "best" "surround system" one can obtain for a grand is far too vague.

Gary_X

Auditioning
Thanks for everybody's help. You've given me some great places to start looking.

Looks like I didn't have to get more specific, huh Jack?

This is "the basics" forum.....right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks