What's new

Mr. Show season 3: anybody find it? (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
All the online shops are saying in stock but I went to four brick and mortar stores and they all say next week. Just wondering if this is only true in Seattle.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
My amazon.ca order just shipped today with Season 3 of Mr. Show (along with Animal House and Simpsons Season 3). I can post once it arrives.

I've yet to read through the episode synopsis from the book Mr. Show - What Happened? for seasons 3 and 4 as I want to be as surprised with each episode as I was with the first 2 seasons. I had never seen the show before and bought blind. Looking forward even more to this season after reading the rest of the book.

Michael Bee

Auditioning
The Best Buy in Tukwila had several copies up front on a couple little tables, I didn't check the shelves. In fact, I grabbed all of today's purchases from those little tables.

John_bri

Grip
I pre-ordered my copy a while ago and they said it would arrive on the 27th, even though I use UPS next day. To my surprise I went to the porch on the 26th and it was there.

Happy Days are Here Again!

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Wasn't at any stores I went to.
A couple employees said they didn't get it in their shipments for some reason and to check back throughout the week, which I will.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I finally found it at Borders. The U-District Tower hadn't heard of it. When I said I saw it on their web page they told me I should have bought it there.

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
We picked this up at Amoeba in Berkeley, and it has two copies of disc one instead of one and two. Unfortunately, they said that they've received several returns on this already with the same problem, and I saw on another message board a person saying that their disc two just wouldn't play at all.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately my set works fine and I got the right discs. I was suprised that of all of season 3 I'd only seen one episode before. What a treat! I can't wait to listen to the commentary.

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
That's good to hear. I was hoping that it wasn't a problem with the whole run. I guess I'll take my chances and exchange it today.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Just made it through all 10 episodes. "Pre-Taped Call-In Show" was hilarious!

I noticed that episode 9 ran about 23:42 while episode 10 was 29:11. I found that odd. Anyone know why that might be?

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I noticed that episode 9 ran about 23:42 while episode 10 was 29:11. I found that odd. Anyone know why that might be?
Depends on the amount of material they had for that episode, I guess. Same thing goes for many other shows: on The Sopranos, some episodes run for 43 minutes, while others run over an hour.

Getting back to Mr. Show: sketch comedy does not get much funnier than Episode No. 3 ("Oh, You Men"), my friends. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks