What's new

HT Solution for around $500 (1 Viewer)

Nevin

Agent
A friend of mine wants to buy his first HT setup and has a budget of around $500 to spend on a DVD player, receiver, and speakers (5.1). He'd like to purchase at either Best Buy, Circuit City, or American, so he can audition them; therefore, online deals are pretty much out. Can you recommend any good HTIB's?
I know separate components would be better, but I tend to overshoot his budget by quite a bit, and that's not including cables and wire (which are included in the HTIB's). He's not a hard core HT junkie and doesn't expect top notch performance, but I don't want him to be disappointed. Any advice on what to get? Thanks in advance.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
This system will make your friend very happy and its only $50 over budget. He can go to circuit city to check it out or to buy it if the price is the same or better. If they dont carry this particular model he can just listen to the other Onkyo systems they do carry and decide if he likes the sound.

http://www.shoponkyo.com/catalog_det...&p=i&ext_war=0

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Onkyo do make good stuff I have one of their HTIAB's without the DVD player. Its great bang for the buck for those of us without the cash to be hardcore :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I used a Kenwood 503 for a while as a bedroom setup. For the money it was fantastic.

I'd look at that!!

It's not very pretty, but was pretty solid sounding with a half decent sub!

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks