What's new

anyone seen The Blob / The Land That Time Forgot from Goodtimes? (1 Viewer)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
This double feature disc is supposed to street tomorrow. Has anyone seen it yet? I can't even find the box art on any online retailers.
Thanks for any info.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Criterion's THE BLOB looks good and it's anamorphic widescreen. It's way better than their ancient LD release. All the Goodtimes stuff I've seen is P & S. I'd be cautious. Best wishes!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! Remember, actual mileage may vary....
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 3 to go!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
But I gotta have The Land That Time Forgot! And The People That Time Forgot. And what's that other one, At the Earth's Core? I've never seen these in anything other than full frame. The Goodtimes stuff is cheap enough, I guess, to take a chance, and I probably will.
------------------
You Can't Roller Skate In a Buffalo Herd - Roger Miller

Perry Williams

Auditioning
If Charleton Heston is in either one of these films, you can be sure that the quality of these releases will be substandard at best. I'm quite sure everyone knows that Goodtimes & Warner Bros. will continue putting out inferior releases of anything with Charleton Heston because of the conspiracy.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Charlton Heston is in none of these films. Doug McClure is in The Land/People That Time Forgot and At the Earth's Core. With Peter Cushing and Caroline Munro in animal skins in the Core film and Sarah Douglas and Dana Gillespie (in animal skins) in the People film! They're all just stupid enough, with awful monsters and bad special effects, to make them a must-buy for me (but only Land is available).
------------------
You Can't Roller Skate In a Buffalo Herd - Roger Miller

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
According to IMDB.com the series goes as follows:
Land That Time Forgot, The (1975)
At the Earth's Core (1976)
People That Time Forgot (1977)
Warlords of Atlantis (1978)
"People" is owned by MGM and will hopefully show up in their Midnight Movies collection (it's already on VHS under that banner). Does anyone know who owns the other two?
I'd love to see an Anchor Bay box set of all four. Heh...

JulianK

Supporting Actor
At The Earth's Core - a personal favourite - has been shown letterboxed on TV here in the UK.
I hope that this doesn't mean that The Land That Time Forgot hasn't fallen into public domain limbo in the US....

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I've been trying to track this down... still haven't found it... seems to have disappeared from all the online retailers too. Bummer.
In a related note, two of the other films in the "before time" series are coming in Nov from MGM in anamorphic widescreen. They are At The Earth's Core and The People That Time Forgot.
I wonder who owns the rights to the remaining two films? (Warlords Of Atlantis and The Land That Time Forgot)
[Edited last by Jack Harasta on August 13, 2001 at 08:58 AM]

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Seems to me that Goodtimes' DVD two-fer THE BLOB/LAND THAT TIME FORGOT was cancelled at the last minute. If I recall correctly, Goodtimes was also going to release a vintage Godzilla two-fer (GODZILLA VS. THE SEA MONSTER and (I think) GODZILLA VS. MEGALON, both in pan & scam) on the same date, and that was cancelled as well. LAND THAT TIME FORGOT should still belong to MGM's Orion catalog, and it has run, frequently letterboxed, on AMC (American Movie Classics) over the past year or so, as part of their 1960s-70s AIP (American International Pictures) film package from MGM.
PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT and AT THE EARTH'S CORE are both coming to DVD, letterboxed, from MGM in November. Though I have no proof, I think we'll see LAND THAT TIME FORGOT from MGM soon enough. Remember that MGM doesn't always release DVDs of film series like these in chronological order (think Bond, AIP's Poe & Beach Party genres).
WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS, although made by the same crew as the other 3 Edgar Rice Burroughs flicks, is a Columbia Tristar property, unless things have changed in recent years.
The same director (Kevin Connor) and crew also made ARABIAN ADVENTURE (1979), which may also be MGM's, although I'm not 100% sure on that.
[Edited last by Peter M Fitzgerald on August 13, 2001 at 07:56 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks