-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speaker Stands for HC6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 JeffTodd

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator

• 200 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 02:36 PM

Hello all. I just have a quick question for you.

I have just completed setting up my parents' new home theater system consisting of an Onkyo SR-600, Panasonic DVD-F65K 5 disc, and AR HC6 speakers. To say the least I was pretty blown away by the speakers, they definitely exceeded my expectations! (Thanks to all on this forum as I used this place as research material when my dad asked what he should get).

Now for the question. For the front mains my dad purchased these speaker stands from Best Buy (Speaker Stand ). They seem a bit flimsy and I thought I would ask for any opinions on these speaker stands from parts express Parts Express Speaker Stands.

The Parts Express stands have what looks to be a wider base. The Best Buy stands seem to be top heavy when the somewhat small HC6 speaker is attached. I would figure that the wider parts express base would make it more stable.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If my dad can get a better product from Parts Express for cheaper than I am all for helping him out there.
Thanks.

#2 of 2 Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted August 23 2003 - 05:46 AM

I bought a set of 26-inch-high black, wooden speaker stands from Circuit City for the HC6 system in my bedroom. The mounting plate for the satellites is nothing more than a small table with no attachment hardware. Wouldn't be an issue for me other than that California is an earthquake-prone state. So if a boomer of more than Richter scale 4.5 comes along, there may be a problem.

But otherwise, the stands look and work nice for such an application.