What's new

Brand cords prove quaility? (1 Viewer)

HomerSampson

Auditioning
Hey guys I have a simple question here. I have a philips toslink optical cable for 20bux. Is there a difference between the Moster Cable one for 30bux? Would there be noticeable difference worth spending the money when I already have one? Also what about the cheap brand coax digital cable for 10bux, would there be a differnce between the pricer Monster Cable? thanks for helping ;-)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
1. The difference is $10

2. No

3. Possibly, because if you get TOO cheap, you risk actual build quality issues. But in reality, as long as it conducts light (optical) or electricity (coax) properly, there should be no real world difference.

In a pinch, I will use the cheapest-of-the-cheap yellow "video" cables for digital coax connections - works very well.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
You won't notice any difference between what you have and the Monster Cable one IMHO. I recently switched back over to a www.heartlandcables.com dig. coax cable from an Acoustic Research toslink optical and actually like the sound better. If you are going to stay with fiber optic I would just keep what you got.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks