Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

The Smoking Gun on Court TV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

• 1,099 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 01:37 AM

I was able to watch about 15 minutes of this lame attempt at a humor show. Then, I changed the channel. Who's bright idea was it to make a tv show out of a website that displays photocopies of court documents and static photographs? And who told Mo Rocca that he is funny? The "I'm a serious journalist doing a serious story on something extremely absurd and silly" schtick might work on The Daily Show, but it didn't work here. Plus, if you've read the website, you've seen all the documents they showed on the TV show. Talk about a show doomed to failure.
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson

Stunt Coordinator

• 126 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 04:49 AM

You did better than me. I only made it to the first commercial. This show just plain sucks. Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator

• 201 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 01:14 PM

I had higher hopes for the Tv show, since the website is fairly innovative. Unfortunately, the Tv show is just a Mo Rocca vehicle. He was kind of funny on The Daily Show. Not as funny on VH1 specials like I Love the 80s. Even less funny on Smoking Gun Tv.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users