What's new

High paying careers? (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Instead of picking a career solely on how much you can make I would suggest that you pick something you are passionate about.

There is nothing worse then having a doctor or lawyer who picked their professional solely on income potential.

wally

Second Unit
There is nothing worse then having a doctor or lawyer who picked their professional solely on income potential.
Agree 100%!

On the flip side, no amount of money can make up for a job that you love.

I won't say that exactly since every man/woman has his/her price...:D

Do what you love...love what you do.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
heh i'm only 15, not making any life decisions right now, i was just curious as to what kind of jobs pull in lotsa money.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
hows that work? the field of Law has always interested me... i'm assuming that deals with suits regarding patents/patent applications?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Patent Law is a big one.
Well first you get at least a bachelors and better still a masters or PhD in a hard science and/or engineering. Then you practice that for many years. Then you go to law school. Then you take your state bar and also the USPTO exam (pass rate 30%). Then you can make $300 per hour.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Business ownership is another big payoff, bigger than any job and usually more than most professionals. Just remember there's more work you gotta put in for that extra dolla.

NicholasL

Second Unit
I heard being a gigolo makes good cash. Ofcourse, there is always law, medicine, bioengineering, entertainment, pro athlete, did I say gigolo yet?

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I would advise looking at the overall utility of a given career. For example, some jobs pay very well but have large costs associated with them (doctors for example- opportunity costs, educational costs, etc.). Also, as stated previously, you cannot look only at the hourly billing rate. In my field, for example, consultants bill out at an average of $2,100 per day. However, the consulting firm gets most of the money and not the actual consultants themselves. Make your career related decisions based upon your interests, abilities, and business trends. Or, just be male "ho". I think Velvet Jones might sell a book for males looking to get into the profession as well.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
CPA's have the potential to make good money in a good firm, if you can stand the most boring work on the planet. Looking at paper with numbers and advising clients, whoopee.

If you get your CPA and go to law school then you could rake in the cash for a large firm.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Try Pharmacy, you might be surprised...not as much as some of the other jobs mentioned, but still very good $$

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Do NOT go into computer science - the pay is not very good anymore, and jobs are disappearing quicker than they are in probably any other field.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
My wife works for a huge patent law firm. Starting attornies average about 125,000. They recently hired a patent attorney with a BS,MS, and PhD in Electrical Engineering and his starting pay was just over 500k per year.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks