What's new

Snow White / Free DVD Offer (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Yes. (As long as you don't buy it from a street vendor or the back of a truck - they're not "participating dealers")
P.S. Go to your local video outlet, they already have a display up.
[Edited last by Peter Kline on August 08, 2001 at 09:13 AM]

Craig Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks... then I should be okay. I don't buy from street vendors or black marketeers anymore because they have lousy return policies.
laugh.gif

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
If you buy from The Disney Store, you get the free DVD at the same time as when you pick up Snow White. Meaning you do not have to send in a coupon or pay for postage. Also The Disney Store gives you four lithographs and a pin for pre-ordering in their store.
The Disney Store is pre-selling Snow White for $19.99.
------------------

Craig Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone ever ordered directly from Disney? How fast do they ship their products?
I checked their price on Snow White ...with shipping and taxes, it's comparable to ordering from Amazon. The real advantage would be receiving the free DVD without further effort.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
You can try coupon code DISNEYSTORE to get 20% off at disneystore.com or mention this code at your local Disney Store. The code worked for me online but a few people have reported problems with it. If you can't get it to work, then use code WETHANKYOU for 10% off.
The best deal is to walk into your local Disney Store and mention the DISNEYSTORE coupon code. You get 20% off the $19.99 preorder price and only have to pay sales tax (and walk out with your free lithographs and pin).
There is a more detailed thread on this in the Coupons forum.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/
[Edited last by Andrea W on August 08, 2001 at 05:44 PM]

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
That coupon idea sounds pretty good, as I can used that to get Snow White from my local Disney Store(next to KB Toys and Electronic Boutique ^^), and get a good DVD real fast. By the way, anyone has any pictures of the pins?
------------------

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Kenneth,
Here are pictures I took of the freebies (pin, lithograph folder, and 4 lithographs). If they look a little washed out, it's because I had the flash on and was too lazy to drag out the tripod for a longer exposure. These are all relatively small jpegs, so hopefully, I can get away with posting them here.
Link Removed Link Removed
------------------

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
They look fine, Andrea. That's what I have and they are worth having. :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Oh so not only do you get a free DVD but the lithographs too? Cool!
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...or mention this code at your local Disney Store...The best deal is to walk into your local Disney Store and mention the DISNEYSTORE coupon code. You get 20% off the $19.99 preorder price and only have to pay sales tax (and walk out with your free lithographs and pin).
THIS DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!
After work today I went to the Disney Store in the mall on the way home. I asked to pre-order Snow White. As she started the process, I said "...and I was told to mention the coupon code 'DISNEYSTORE' to you for an additional discount on the pre-order".
To make this short, here's what I was told:
  • * There are coupons in Happy Meals for 20% off that seem to be connected to the online-usable code "DISNEYSTORE". But to get the discount in the store you MUST have the paper coupon.
    * She showed me a redeemed coupon. It stated on it that it was not good on pre-orders (which Snow White definately is). She said I could use the code on a purchase of another (in-stock) item. I choose another recently released DVD that my family wanted. She then needed more info about the discount code.
    * She asked where I got the code from. I basically made up a story about calling their central consumer sales to order one by phone, but the system was down so they told me to go to the store and gave me the coupon code to make me happy. She stated that any coupon code given that way would be a 4 or 5 digit number...ALL NUMBERS, so that it can be typed into their cash registers. It should never be letters. I said that perhaps I was meant to use it on-line; I wasn't sure what the intent was. Of course I was making this up.
    * So she called their phone sales dept. to see if they could straighten it out. I was put on the phone with those guys and eventually was basically told I was out of luck since I couldn't prove anything.
    * BUT!...Since the Camelot next door in the mall was selling the other DVD I wanted at $17.99, the lady at the counter decided to ring me up at 20% off the $20 price so she could also secure my Snow White pre-sale as well. Just "for all of my trouble". :) So I did end up saving $2 more in the end.
So, if you try using this "DISNEYSTORE" code in-store, be aware that they aren't supposed to do it. You'll have to depend on kind-heartedness to get the discount, and it is not supposed to be on the Snow White (or any other) pre-order.
But the lithographs and pin ARE cool! Cheers,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
alli2icon.gif
"When you grow up, your heart dies."

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
David,
This was posted in the thread in the coupon forum, which is where I got my info from:
This weekend, I preordered SnowWhite with Lady and the Tramp as the free DVD from my local Disney Store in the mall. I applied the DISNEYSTORE 20% off discount as well. I had a coupon from my kid's McDonalds Happy Meal, but the clerk indicated that you just needed to mention the code DISNEYSTORE to get the discount.
I didn't use the coupon code in my local store, but it did work for me online. That's a bummer they gave you so much grief, but I'm glad you got some sort of discount at least.
------------------

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
As a sidenote, Lady and the Tramp is not anamophically enhanced, is it? I want to pick a different selection as my free choice if it's not.
Link Removed

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Lady and the Tramp and Mary Poppins both look pretty good for LBX. It took me a while to realize they were just LBX because the have the proper AR coding and my TV was going to zoom mode automatically.
Regardless, no more widescreen non-anamorphic DVDs for me.
------------------
Andrew in Austin
------------------
Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player
Sony STR-DA333ES A/V Receiver
Sony KP-57XBR10W Rear Projection TV (16:9)
Infintiy SM 120 (L & R)
Infinity SM Video (center)
Infinity SM 165 (surround)
Infinity BU-120 (subwoofer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks