What's new

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World Question (1 Viewer)

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
Just read at DVD talk of a 40th anniversary edition that is going to play the Cinerama Dome in Oct. could this be a precurser to a full film (and video) restoration(finally!) or should I not get my hopes up?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
There is no such thing as a "40th Anniversary Edition" film.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Will the proceeds of the screening at the Dome go towards restoring the 4+ hour version that's supposedly in the works or is it a non-issue?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member

Robert,

Will there be a new version/restoration of this film released on dvd any time in the foreseeable future?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I believe if you take a look at RAH's column on The Digital Bits, there's some information regarding Mad World...

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member

Just in from Arclight Cinemas:

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett and more...
Director: Stanley Kramer
Rating: G
Running Time: 2 hrs. 45 min. Genre: Adventure/Family/Action/Comedy

In the fall of 1963, two icons were born - the Cinerama Dome and Stanley Kramer's classic comedy It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.* This October 17-19, our historic Cinerama Dome will showcase a 40th Anniversary Special Edition print presented in 70mm and, for the first time, in digital sound with the legendary intermission and "police calls" voiced by Spencer Tracy and Terry-Thomas.

SteveP

Second Unit
Although I've never much cared for this film (way, way over-the-top for my taste) I do believe it should be restored to the version that premiered in November, 1963.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks