Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

North and South on DVD!?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 John Haghighi

John Haghighi

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 08:10 PM

Anyone know if there is any plan for this and who owns the rights for DVD? I've had many friends getting into DVDs now asking about it. I would also love to see this on DVD.

#2 of 5 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 09:56 PM

Warner owns this (and Book II, and Book III: Heaven & Hell).

It's not on DVD, it's not on the schedule, and to my knowledge it's not in-the-pipeline, either.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 5 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 10:26 PM

Quote:
It's not on DVD, it's not on the schedule, and to my knowledge it's not in-the-pipeline, either
That is too bad! I don't know what the Numbers are from "Roots", but I'm hoping Paramount's "Shogun" sells like hotcakes so WB sees that mini-series do sell.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#4 of 5 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 10:31 PM

WB knows that mini-series sell. They have The Thorn Birds coming soon, and they've done others as well. I think you'll see N&S down-the-road...maybe when the right marketing tie-in presents itself.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#5 of 5 Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
maybe when the right marketing tie-in presents itself
I'm getting pretty tired of every DVD having to have a "perfect" marketing tie-in. How many years & how many changes in corporate mangement must we go thru until someone decides what this unknown marketing tie-in is? IMO must every title has its own fan base. And if you go looking for this perfect "marketing tie-in" you could be looking forever. Something either sells or it does not. OK my "unreasonable" rant is over.
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

Forum Nav Content I Follow