Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Sat and Pan E50 Setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 RobertSing

RobertSing

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:38 AM

I have an RCA DirecTV box with two outputs (both are composite but 1 of them has S-Video). Previously, one output fed my TV directly while one fed my VCR. This worked fine.

I recently bought a Pana. E50 DVD recorder and replaced the VCR with it. So, the DSS is feeding the TV and the DVD. Big problem - the PQ via DSS to the DVD is crappy. Wavy lines, a color band, etc. Switching between the feed direct to the TV and the feed through the DVD is night and day.

The DVD to TV feed is S-Video and I was using composite from DSS to DVD, so I thought that might be the problem. I tried using the S-Video to the DVD (so the signal went S-Vid all the way), but the problem didn't get better. In fact, if I unplug the video feed and turn the input switch on the DVD to that input, I get junk on my TV (looks like interference - mostly a black screen with a band of color going through it).

If I remove the other out from the DSS and only feed the DVD, it works fine. Clear picture, nothing shows on screen with no signal, etc. But now I only have one output from the sat receiver.

As best I can tell, I'm getting some interference somewhere ... both outputs used to function fine before introducing the DVD player to the mix. Any idea what the problem is or how to fix it?