Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The 5th Element 2 disc november 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 06:16 AM

http://www.r2-dvd.or....articleId=5809

very interesting indeed
Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:11 AM

Way cool. Seems like I've subconsciously been holding off a purchase in hope of something better. I have a feeling this will be the version too own. Posted Image
There is no spoon...
but there is a fork with a cork!

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 05:22 PM

Ditto on that. My _only_ hesitation in planning to get this region 2 release is the question of whether this may mean that region 1 will also get it.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 07:58 PM

Since The Fifth Element is released by different distributors in the US and the UK I highly doubt it.
There is no spoon...

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted August 21 2003 - 10:33 PM

Maybe my memory's faulty, but when the movie was first released on DVD, wasn't it declared that it was *never* going to be released in anything but a bare bones version?

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,665 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 02:21 AM

Andrew,

I don't recall "never", but certainly something to that extent was said by the director.

BTW, from its release on, the R1 DVD was considered the top-demo DVD for a very long time, I think for more than two years.

Cees

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 07:30 AM

I agree - excellent technical quality, but it's a movie I've never warmed to. Reasons include:

(1) Bruce Willis
(2) that squeaky-voiced black guy
(3) Bruce Willis
(4) some plot flaws about the size of the Grand Canyon
(5) Bruce Willis

Actually, I probably will pick up the SE, if only for those monsters with the amazing deep voices.

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,665 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 11:26 AM

No mentioning of the diva?

Cees

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   John DrakeLaw

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted August 22 2003 - 11:54 PM

Aaaahhh, the diva. Brilliant voice. A scene I regularly used as a demo. Superb choreography, cutting betwen Leelu's fight with the 'deep voices' and the diva's operatic performance.

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Jim Blackie

Jim Blackie

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted August 23 2003 - 12:00 AM

Yeah, veddy veddy bad overall, I agree. But that opening sequence... thew archeologists, the landing-- you gotta love it!
"The movie never changes. It can't change. But every time you see it, it seems different because you're different. You see different things."
- 12 Monkeys

Profiler --- Aficionado --- and --- Guzzlefish

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul Markey

Paul Markey

Stunt Coordinator

• 158 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland.

Posted August 30 2003 - 07:53 AM

Luc Besson produces huge hardcover coffe-table books covering the conception and making of each of his films. This is the main reason he wont put much, if any, in the way of suplementals on his DVDs and wont do commentaries. The books are very impressive but as far as I know have only been released in French.

The Fifth Element, by its nature, is a wealth of design and conception, so producing a better DVD with some suplemental material is not too much a suprise considering his stance up to now.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Chris_Marin

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted September 12 2003 - 04:05 AM

Pathe have announced that they are releasing the 2-disc special edition of The Fifith Element. The movie will boast DTS audio and an excellent collection of extra features including:

Special Effects audio commentary with Mark Stetson, Karen E. Goulekas, Bill Neil and Ron Gress
Making of Documentary - Discovering the Fifth Element
Special Effects Featurette - Imagining the Fifth Element
The Art of the Fifth Element with Jean-Claude Mezieres Featurette
An Audience with Diva Plavalaguna Featurette
Elements of Style - Jean-Paul Gaultier Featurette
Trailers & TV Spots
Launching the Fifth Element – the Cannes Opening Night Party
Storyboard and Production Notes
The 6th Element Essay

Posted Image

News story here.

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted September 12 2003 - 04:45 AM

Posted Image
There is no spoon...

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,442 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted September 12 2003 - 11:08 AM

Oooh nice, I'll have me some of that, ta! Posted Image

The ZF-1. It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying; good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into 4 parts, undetectable by x-ray; ideal for quick, discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Three thousand round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the Replay button it's even easier. One shot, and Replay sends every following shot to the same location. And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies but goldies. Rocket launcher. Arrow launcher, with explodin' and poisonous gas heads. Very practical. Our famous net launcher. The ALWAYS efficient flame-thrower. My favorite. And for the Grand Finale, the all new Ice Cube System!

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted November 30 2003 - 11:24 AM

Mine arrived recently. A word on packaging. Outer slipcase is NOT MEANT TO BE OPENED FROM THE TOP OR BOTTOM, so don't force it! The outer slipcase splits across the center right through the taxi cab checker squares -- the rendering above does NOT show this, you'll just have to trust me on that. In other words, pull the top 50% of the box up and that top half slides off from the checkers on up, revealing...

...another sort of thin slipcase inside (mostly just there for aesthetic effect; it has another poster image on it) from which you can pull the Amaray case (which is clear plastic, regular single-width double, and whose cover looks basically the same as the video poster...I'd expected they'd have used a theatrical poster or something new, but, nope).

I'd also caution that the plastic shrinkwrap may also be affixed to the top and bottom of the package due to some glue leakage or something - in any case be extremely careful when removing the plastic wrap or you may take some of the package off with it.

Haven't watched it yet, but I will sometime. Been a long time coming. Had almost bought the German version until I heard of this one coming. I'll mostly be interested in whether the second disc, the extras, is a DVD-9 or a DVD-5.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Gary Tooze

Gary Tooze

Producer

• 3,060 posts

Posted December 01 2003 - 03:04 AM

compared to the SUPERBIT Region 1 HERE:

http://207.136.67.23...ifthelement.htm

Gary