Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Swim-In Theater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:15 AM

I went to the local Street of Dreams this weekend and I knew one of the houses had a pool (Not many pools in Oregon). When I steped out on the patio next to the pool my Posted Image !

The pool is under cover and open to the outside on two sides. Built into the back wall is what looked like a 50" plasma. There was also a left/right/center speaker on the wall as well. At the rear of the pool there was a left and right rear speaker and gas heater. I could not locate a sub Posted Image! Here are a couple of shots I took with my crapy digi camera.

I was not able to sit err I mean float in the sweet spot so I can not comment on the speaker/screen placement ect. But oh my the cool factor was Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image out of 5 Posted Image's
Chris Hovanic
"Go away or I'll replace you with a very small shell script!" :wink:

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#2 of 9 Mark McGill

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:20 AM

That does look really sweet. Not sure the long term survivablity of the screen due to moisture, but cool nevertheless.

#3 of 9 Pam W

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:35 AM

Wow!

We did a simplified version (sheet over deck) at our pool and called them "Dive In" Movies!Posted Image

#4 of 9 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,271 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 06:34 AM

As long as they dropped the plasma behind a protective screen they should be oK, if not they'll be buying a new one
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#5 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:58 AM

The plasma is behind a protective screen and I would hope that it is sealed and locked in to prevent theft. I would guess a 10k Plasma is not that big of deal to someone that could afford a 2.5 million dollar house Posted Image Posted Image
Chris Hovanic

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#6 of 9 Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 09:08 AM

Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia. Posted Image

#7 of 9 Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 10:27 AM

Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia.

I'm not sure which movie that is. Then again, if I was swimming in the pool with a fine lady, I don't think we'd be watching action shows, drama or comedy. Posted Image
"My reality check ... just bounced"

#8 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia.

Not to worry... there is a hot tub at the back corner of the pool and a big phaty gas heater haging from the ceiling. Posted Image
Chris Hovanic

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#9 of 9 David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:36 PM

Very nice. I saw in a s&v magazine not sure which one that a architect spent about $225,000 on his ht. Talking about awesome. I thought about buying the mag but I passed it up.