-

Photo
- - - - -

Swim-In Theater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:15 AM

I went to the local Street of Dreams this weekend and I knew one of the houses had a pool (Not many pools in Oregon). When I steped out on the patio next to the pool my Posted Image !

The pool is under cover and open to the outside on two sides. Built into the back wall is what looked like a 50" plasma. There was also a left/right/center speaker on the wall as well. At the rear of the pool there was a left and right rear speaker and gas heater. I could not locate a sub Posted Image! Here are a couple of shots I took with my crapy digi camera.

I was not able to sit err I mean float in the sweet spot so I can not comment on the speaker/screen placement ect. But oh my the cool factor was Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image out of 5 Posted Image's
Chris Hovanic
"Go away or I'll replace you with a very small shell script!" :wink:

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#2 of 9 Mark McGill

Mark McGill

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:20 AM

That does look really sweet. Not sure the long term survivablity of the screen due to moisture, but cool nevertheless.

#3 of 9 Pam W

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 05:35 AM

Wow!

We did a simplified version (sheet over deck) at our pool and called them "Dive In" Movies!Posted Image

#4 of 9 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,276 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 06:34 AM

As long as they dropped the plasma behind a protective screen they should be oK, if not they'll be buying a new one
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#5 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:58 AM

The plasma is behind a protective screen and I would hope that it is sealed and locked in to prevent theft. I would guess a 10k Plasma is not that big of deal to someone that could afford a 2.5 million dollar house Posted Image Posted Image
Chris Hovanic

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#6 of 9 Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 09:08 AM

Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia. Posted Image

#7 of 9 Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst

Screenwriter

• 2,589 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 10:27 AM

Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia.

I'm not sure which movie that is. Then again, if I was swimming in the pool with a fine lady, I don't think we'd be watching action shows, drama or comedy. Posted Image
"My reality check ... just bounced"

#8 of 9 Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
Very nice... however, I can't imagine soaking in a pool to watch the FOTR EE... one might wind up with hypothermia.

Not to worry... there is a hot tub at the back corner of the pool and a big phaty gas heater haging from the ceiling. Posted Image
Chris Hovanic

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#9 of 9 David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted August 18 2003 - 07:36 PM

Very nice. I saw in a s&v magazine not sure which one that a architect spent about $225,000 on his ht. Talking about awesome. I thought about buying the mag but I passed it up.