What's new

"Mr. Show" Season 3 DVD...A week early? (1 Viewer)

BrianJau

Agent
The removedflyer in the Sunday paper this morning has "Mr. Show..the Complete 3rd Season" pictured along with the other releases for Aug. 19th, even though the announced release date is Aug. 26th. They did recently have "Rocky and Bullwinkle" a week early, so it's possible they might have it in stock on the 19th. I'll be looking Tuesday just in case!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
please do not post names of stores that break
street date.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Well, an admin may want to edit the title of the thread too then...I didn't think this would be against the rules since the store in question is advertising it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Same here. It's in a weekly circular distributed nationwide. Either they have permission to sell early or they don't care about the consequences.

According to another thread, it's not only "Mr. Show," but "E.R." out a week early as well (and also prominently advertised).

Or perhaps it's a screw-up in the chain's print advertising department?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This is probably not technically a street date break. Best Buy and Amazon had both contracted to street Rocky & Bullwinkle a week early (a Video Store Magazine article will testitfy to that).

The store named here is advertising both "Mr. Show: S3" and "ER: S1" in their flyers - which is available to view online - a week earlier than everyone else...they probably made a similar deal with Warner Bros. After all, this chain likes to have "exclusive" stuff. Usually in the form of Bonus Discs, but early releases are cool with them, too.

I'm very positive this is legit.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
...or maybe not so legit!

I just got off the phone with the company in question. They have been instructed to hold back both E.R. - Season 1 and Mr. Show - Season 3 until next week; no explanation was given. There will be a "correction notice" posted in stores about this.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw the in-store notice: it basically said that "due to circumstances beyond our control, the release date was changed to 8/26". :rolleyes

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Typical corporate attitude, pass the buck rather than take responsibility. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks