Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

XM Roady

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Richard Gilmore

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted August 17 2003 - 08:05 AM

XM is introducing a cheap way ($119.99)to get Satellite Radio - the Delphi XM Roady. Posted Image

See the details here:
http://www.xmradio.com/roady/

I wish I would have known about this before I bought my Delphi Skifi!

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley, CA (Los Angeles)

Posted August 18 2003 - 03:28 AM

That is way cool! The only thing that is not addressed on that page is whether there is a line-out adapter. I refuse to use the FM modulator or cassette adapter. If it has a way to send a signal out through a cable, I will definitely buy this one! I have XM in my Acura, but have been holding off on adding an account for my Expedition.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Supporting Actor

• 868 posts

Posted August 19 2003 - 01:07 AM

Well, itr uses a cassette adapter and says that the SkyFi FM modulator kit can be used so I am assuming it has a 1/8" jack that could be used for a line out just like the SkyFi.
Revenge is like serving cold cuts-

Tony Soprano

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Dennis_H

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 03:31 AM

Has anyone seen this for sale yet? I had a friend say that he saw it advertised at Fry's in Houston for $50. I'm having trouble believing it and couldn't verify that. I haven't seen it in stores yet. I'm going to get one for my wife for her birthday this month. I have the SkiFi and love it, and she like it too. I'd hate to pay $120 if there is a cheaper price somewhere, but I haven't ever seen the SkiFi stuff at a cheaper than retail price. I've been hoping the boombox would drop below $100. Thanks, Dennis

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   KurtW

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 04:20 AM

I've seen and used it. The Skyfi unit is still MUCH better and more convenient. I don't like the fact that all the connections on the Roady are plugged into the unit, and not the cradle, making it a pain in the rear to take out. I also like the boom box and home options on the Skyfi unit. But it's a good, cheap way to get into XM for your car.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   David Broome

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 04:44 AM

Circuit City is the only store to have them right now, based on all reports...

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   KurtW

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 05:29 AM

Best Buy's had them for a week now.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   David Broome

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator

• 226 posts

Posted October 08 2003 - 05:35 AM

Then I guess I should say "based on OLD reports" :-)

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,785 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted October 10 2003 - 07:35 AM

I have read reports on this before, and based on the pictures I had seen, it didn't look all that much smaller than the AudioVox SRS. Based on that picture though, it does look smaller! Not a whole lot-mind you, but a little bit makes a big difference, so that's awesome. I wish Sirius had something that small. They do have a new Streamer coming out, and it looks like it may be a little smaller, but I'm not sure how small.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Dennis_H

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted October 14 2003 - 04:29 AM

I picked one up from Best Buy yesterday. It is about 2/3 the size of my SkiFi. I don't particularly like the little selector instead of the dial on the SkiFi, but it won't be used all that much. The other colors for the display should be nice. I never cared for the orange display on the SkiFi. Should be about perfect for my wife's van. I haven't installed it yet. It's a birthday present for my wife that I'll give her Monday. I did activate it and will install it this weekend since I'll have her van on a boy scout trip. It'll be a nice surprise when she gets it back. Whay little I have listened to it in my van sounded fine. Dennis

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Dennis_H

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted October 21 2003 - 02:44 AM

Well, I installed the roady and it sounds fine. I like the different color screens. I don't like that you lose a display line as compared to the SkiFi. You lose the station, artist, or song name. Depends on what display mode you choose. I can live with that. The main thing I don't like is that you can't block stations on this one like you can on the SkiFi. I have 4 kids, and realy don't want them turning on some explicit language station. On my SkiFi, I can let the kids play with changing the stations if they want. Other than that, it's a nice little radio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users