What's new

XM Roady (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
That is way cool! The only thing that is not addressed on that page is whether there is a line-out adapter. I refuse to use the FM modulator or cassette adapter. If it has a way to send a signal out through a cable, I will definitely buy this one!

I have XM in my Acura, but have been holding off on adding an account for my Expedition.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Well, itr uses a cassette adapter and says that the SkyFi FM modulator kit can be used so I am assuming it has a 1/8" jack that could be used for a line out just like the SkyFi.

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen this for sale yet? I had a friend say that he saw it advertised at Fry's in Houston for $50. I'm having trouble believing it and couldn't verify that. I haven't seen it in stores yet. I'm going to get one for my wife for her birthday this month. I have the SkiFi and love it, and she like it too. I'd hate to pay $120 if there is a cheaper price somewhere, but I haven't ever seen the SkiFi stuff at a cheaper than retail price. I've been hoping the boombox would drop below $100.

Thanks,
Dennis

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen and used it. The Skyfi unit is still MUCH better and more convenient. I don't like the fact that all the connections on the Roady are plugged into the unit, and not the cradle, making it a pain in the rear to take out. I also like the boom box and home options on the Skyfi unit.

But it's a good, cheap way to get into XM for your car.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have read reports on this before, and based on the pictures I had seen, it didn't look all that much smaller than the AudioVox SRS. Based on that picture though, it does look smaller! Not a whole lot-mind you, but a little bit makes a big difference, so that's awesome. I wish Sirius had something that small. They do have a new Streamer coming out, and it looks like it may be a little smaller, but I'm not sure how small.

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
I picked one up from Best Buy yesterday. It is about 2/3 the size of my SkiFi. I don't particularly like the little selector instead of the dial on the SkiFi, but it won't be used all that much. The other colors for the display should be nice. I never cared for the orange display on the SkiFi. Should be about perfect for my wife's van. I haven't installed it yet. It's a birthday present for my wife that I'll give her Monday. I did activate it and will install it this weekend since I'll have her van on a boy scout trip. It'll be a nice surprise when she gets it back. Whay little I have listened to it in my van sounded fine.

Dennis

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I installed the roady and it sounds fine. I like the different color screens. I don't like that you lose a display line as compared to the SkiFi. You lose the station, artist, or song name. Depends on what display mode you choose. I can live with that. The main thing I don't like is that you can't block stations on this one like you can on the SkiFi. I have 4 kids, and realy don't want them turning on some explicit language station. On my SkiFi, I can let the kids play with changing the stations if they want. Other than that, it's a nice little radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks