What's new

Can I use progressive scan dvd... (1 Viewer)

Dave Borgman

Agent
player on a Sony KV36FS100 standard definition TV? I think i read somewhere that you couldn't but I am not sure. Just wondering because Best Buy has a polaroid dvd recorder for 399 and it is progressive scan.

Thanks
Dave

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
You can turn progressive scan on or off. If you have a standard, non-progressive TV (interlaced) you won't notice any difference, providing the TV doesn't reject the progressive signal.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
That tv won't display a progressive scan input, but you can turn off progressive scan on the dvd recorder so that's not a problem.

Dave Borgman

Agent
Thanks for the answers. So with progressive scanned turned off the display will be just like the normal DVD player I have now? (which is pretty good I think). Will I have any problem getting to the menu on the DVD player to turn progressive scan off? Or is the menu just interlaced and its not progressive until you hit play?

Thanks again,

Dave

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You can toggle between progressive scan and interlaced either via a switch on the chassis and/or in the player's set-up menu.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Just one word of caution. If the recorder's progressive mode is set through a setup menu, DON'T SET IT TO PROGRESSIVE MODE even just to "see what happens." I know of people who have done so, and they can't then see how to reverse it. One friend had this happen and had to take the DVD player to my house to connect it to my HDTV and change the settings back to interlaced mode.

SMK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks