What's new

Theater Recliners (1 Viewer)

Scott Peters

Auditioning
I'm trying to decide which theater recliners to buy for my soon to be constructed home theater. I'm looking at 3 chairs across with shared arms in between.

Has anyone seen or sat in the brand new HT line from
La-Z-Boy? They are now advertizing the chairs in HT magazine. The stores around me in MD have not received them yet. I'm interested to know how they look and feel, and their cost?

Also, I'm considering the Berkline 090 series and the BarcoLounger chairs. I liked both in leather. I'd appreciate any feedback, either positive or negative on those chairs. I'd like to know about the durability and quality aspects mainly. I'll probably go with the manual version but the power recline is still under consideration.

Also, if you know of any online furniture stores that sell these at a good price, please pass that on.

Thanks,
Scott Peters

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

I can only comment on the 090s. I have seven. All of which have interconnecting arm rests, except for two that are in a "love-seat" configuration.

Four of them are manual, while the rear three have the AutoRecline electric option. I suggest paying the extra $100 for the electric models-as these can be stopped in any position from full upright to full recline. The manual models tend to move from position with body shifting and movement.

Four of the seven are also 100% HiGrade Leather, while the other three are LeatherMatch(Leather where you touch, vinyl on the sides and back). The Hi Grade Leather makes a big difference in comfort and care. This is a big cost. That is why I skimped on a lesser grade LeatherMatch for the rear.

As for a retailer.

I bought my last three from WWW.LEATHER-DIRECT.COM , also a good place is WWW.AVSCIENCE.COM

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

I have the Berkline 090s. Three are electric, and 4 are manual. The front ones are curved (wedge arms) and the three in the rear are straight across. Mine are also a combination of leather and leather match. We have been very pleased with them. Ditto with Darren on where to purchase them.

Scott Peters

Auditioning
Thanks Darren and Pam. Darren, I noticed that when I reclined in the manual version of the 090s, they did not want to stay where I wanted them. I asked the salesman if they had a tension adjustment, but he said no. If the electric version is only $100 more, I think it is worth it.
Can you conceal the cords easily? My door to the theater will be in back, so the backs of the chairs will be in plain view when entering the theater. To get the chairs plugged in, the cord may have to cross a traffic area which may be somewhat undesirable.

I have found an online dealer that sells the manual version for $650 per chair in the leather/vinyl match or $895 per chair in all leather (plus $200 shipping for the three chairs). How does that compare to Leather Direct? If you can, please let me know what you paid for your chairs in the various versions of leather, leather match, manual and electric.

Thanks for your feedback.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Actually there is a "fix" for the manuals. Berkline can issue you a new set of tighter Tension Springs to swap out with the stock ones, at no charge. I have not tried this. You can also purchase similar type springs from your local Hardware Store. I plan on doing this soon to see if it actually improves the stationary position of the manual reclining mechanisms.

On the back of the recliner there is a "skirt" that conceals the underneath assembly and/or motor. On my 100% Leather seats, this is soft pliable leather. On my LeatherMatch, it is vinyl on a hardbacking. Both allow me to tuck my A/C cords and extensions out of view. I also have installed recessed lighting under the leg support, so this too adds another A/C cord to hide...not to mention the Aura Bass shakers that are hidden beneath the skirting, as well.

I am work, so I do not have my receipt. I do know I paid about $650 from Leather-Direct for each LeatherMatch W/ Electric AutoRecline Lounger...shipping to my door for all three was $220.00.

Scott Peters

Auditioning
Darren,
Thanks for great tip on Leather Direct. They provided me with a quick, detailed response and the lowest price I've seen yet. I'm definitely swinging towards the electric version now and just need to decide on color.

nikbar

Auditioning
Real Name
Nikki
Just wondering which brand of chairs you ended up purchasing.... Happy? Pros and cons??? Thanks!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Bass Industries Celebrity Lounger: http://www.bassindustries.com/prod_one.cfm?id=1544&subcatid=1072&catid=1007

I did NOT order the pull out cupholders, but just got "regular" in arm ones. They are VERY comfortable and I like the fact that they have shorter backs so they don't block the rear channels. They are also a bit narrower than other seats so I was able to fit four across where with most other brands/styles I could only fit three. I got a loveseat+three seats in back and a row of four in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks