What's new

Is NEIGHBORS out on DVD? (Consolidated Thread) (1 Viewer)

wally

Second Unit
Anyone else up for this 1981 release with a flip-flop of traditional roles with John Belushi as the staid conventional career man, and Dan Aykroyd as the over the top wacko new neighbor.

Hello Columbia!!!

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
Neighbors is one of my favorites too!
I would love to see this one on Dvd. I've always been a big John Belushi fan. I picked up 1941 last week at Walmart for $10 even though i had read alot of negative comments about it. I enjoyed it, the disc is loaded with extra features and i think its a great bargin for ten bucks!
Let's hope Neighbors will be out soon.

"Enid always did hate coming home to a dark house!"

Davey

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
one of my top 10 favorite movies and always on my wish list of DVDs i want. an audio commentary with dan aykroyd would be nice, talking about how he and belushi switched roles before filming and i think i recall belushi had problems in the quicksand scene and almost drowned. I just read the novel it was based on recently and i thought it was quite interesting.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a major John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd fan and i would love to see Neighbors on dvd. I'm guessing this would be a Columbia title? Has anyone heard rumors about this movie coming out?
I'm not sure, but i think this is the only John Belushi film not available on dvd yet.
Any info would be appreciated.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I think this is one underrated comedy, and I've been wanting to know what's up with its delay, too. It's a Columbia title?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Some other studios must like it too - I've seen rip-offs of the poster art on a handful of DVD's...

I've only seen it once or twice, and it struck me somewhat uncomfortable seeing Ackroyd and (especially) Belushi playing against type after the success of The Blues Brothers (although Ackroyd often played manic characters on SNL - especially pitchmen).

On the subject of Ackroyd...hey Universal, where's Doctor Detroit??

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like NEIGHBORS is out on dvd after all. It's easy to see it's not a legitimate release. Why do people do this and why do people buy it? Personally i wouldn't want to sell something illegal or buy it either.

Link deleted by moderator. Please do not post links either to live eBay auctions or to sources for bootlegs.

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
one of my top 5 movies ever, i wish this would come out in OAR and have the extended scenes from the TV version and hopefully deleted scenes as supplements.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen the Tv version, just the R rated one. What are some of the extended scenes?

paul_austin

Second Unit
yeah i've been waiting forever for this to come out...i wonder what the holdup is. My long wait started years ago when I started waiting for it to come out on laser disc...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks