What's new

Tales From the Crypt (1 Viewer)

With HBO doing really nice season box sets of shows like Sex and the City and Sopranos why can't they do Season box sets of Tales from the Crypt? Anyone have any info on why this series is not being put on dvd?

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I have wondered this as well. So far, only the Robert Zemeckis Collection has been released with three episodes. I would love season sets.

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I would be happy as hell to get season box sets on this series! Let's just hope that someone from HBO is listening! :D

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I have been wondering about this also. I love Tales From The Crypt & I would instantly purchase Tales From The Crypt on DVD in season format only.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Crap, I thought y'all were talking about the Amicus film from the 1960's with Ralph Richardson and Joan Collins. Very cool and stylish film.

The series wasn't bad, though.

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
The original "Tales From the Crypt" feature was from 1972, not the 60's. Yes, it does contain the "Monkey's Paw" story (why the spoiler?) as well as the superior version of the killer Santa "All Through the House" story (which Zemeckis pretty much ruined when he remade it in the HBO series). Sorry, I think Zemeckis is a hack, but that's just me.

I would love to see the original film on DVD as well as it's follow-up "Vault of Horror". Don't care much about the HBO series although there were some good episodes in there. I guess I may consider it if they were released in season sets, but no way would I buy the "Zemeckis Collection" only.

ToddL

Grip
Real Name
Todd
I have also been wanting this to be released on DVD in season sets.

I have repeatedly emailed HBO about releasing this show on DVD in season sets and haven't received one reply from them.

The re-release of the two Tales From The Crypt movies may mean that they are close to releasing the series in season sets.

Dom_R

Grip
The Tales from the Crypt HBO Season set is among my most wanted DVD's ever. I've been waiting too long for it.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
I just looked through some of my Tales from the Crypt goodies and thought "This show has to be released this year on DVD."

Two movies, A hit single (The Crypt Jam), A kids cartoon, trading cards, action figures, highly detailed models, posters etc. The Cryptkeeper was one of the biggest stars of the 1990's. The show also had tons of guest stars, composers, directors etc. perhaps Gord and Dave can make a few moves on the street and see whats happening with this show? :D

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Add another to the list as those interested in this series!!! ;)

I would also be interested in the movie as well... The Santa story was very good and the remake pales in comparison...

I also agree that the series ruined this particular story... They should have kept with the serious, darker tone of the original... Instead, they turned it into a comedy wannabe with horrible looney tunes sound effects at certain moments from what I remember...

I did enjoy the series in general though...

Brian F

Agent
I would also be on board for TFTC season sets. I have only seen the edited versions on Fox and would like to see the full episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks